The Regional Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is responsible for building, maintaining and expanding strong relationships with: C-suite level (CEO’s, CFO’s, COO’s) stakeholders, Medical Directors, Practice Administrators and other influencers/decision-makers in strategically important large, regional accounts within assigned geography.
Regional accounts include, but are not limited to, organized health systems (OHS), integrated delivery networks (IDN), specialty pharmacy, and community based oncology practices within a defined geography. The RAM will position DSI products for optimal access and usage within preferred market segments and develop deep customer insights to drive growth and market share.
The Regional account and reimbursement team creates patient access for DSI’s medicines with a focus on Oncology. Using a deep understanding of payer and provider economics and an account based selling approach, the team delivers solutions for customers and patients.Account Managers develops collaborative partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders (specialty GPO customers, SAMs, field sales, field medical, and other key functional areas) to drive contract success.
- Develop and implement strategies for success within assigned geographies for each prioritized business segment. Grow, manage and maintain strong professional relationships with key contacts within targeted accounts. Demonstrate strong clinical, financial, and operational acumen for current and future portfolio. Create and deliver persuasive presentations focused on the clinical value proposition, contract value, and commercial insights to increase account penetration, sales volume and product market share for both new and existing customers.
- Account Managers develops collaborative partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders (specialty GPO customers, SAMs, field sales, field medical, and other functional partners); leading without authority to drive alignment and coordination across the Oncology Care Team Model. Effective communication requires marketplace intelligence, evaluation of customer business trends and perspective on changing dynamics within the geography. Provide sound business recommendations and demonstrate a keen ability to prioritize and execute on current and future opportunities.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Oncology landscape to include pathways/guidelines, private payer coverage and reimbursement for appropriate patient access. Ability to articulate how co-dependent functions are organized/operate (Group Purchasing Organizations, specialty pharmacy, Medicare and Medicaid) along with evolving reimbursement methodologies that are important to the customer.
- Oncology Account managers will demonstrate focused and comprehensive account planning skills. Monitor and analyze account utilization and market share data for DSI products relative to competitors and develop effective business plans to enhance sales. This includes the creation of contracting business cases that outline strategies and tactics. The process includes a deep understanding and the ability to effectively communicate the value of contracts, and the ongoing performance of contract pull through. Leverage the use of analytic resources, and relevant data to identify issues and opportunities associated with product performance.
- Monitor and track performance of existing initiatives and adjust accordingly based on sound business decisions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company requirements
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor’s degreerequired, advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 7 years pharmaceutical experience with experience in Oncology or Specialty Sales.
- Strongly prefer candidates who have IDN/Hospital/Key Community Oncology account management experience
- Specialty GPO/Injectable/buy-and-bill (Part B) experience is highly preferred
- Diverse experiences such as selling in various therapeutic areas, training, and operations are a plus. Sales management experiencepreferred.
- Strategic Thinking, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Consultative, results driven mindset grounded in how the customer thinks and makes decisions
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Networking and Contact relationships
- High degree of learning agility easily adaptable to new, ambiguous or difficult conditions
- Elevated level of self-awareness with the ability to translate feedback into action.
- Expertise in financialcontract negotiation. Ability to make contractual recommendations based on financial analysis as well as based on field intelligence (Market Dynamics, Customer Feedback, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft office, with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to follow through.
- Strong ability to identify and meet internal/external customer needs.
- Applying flexible and creative thinking when developing new business solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, gain buy-in on responsibilities and facilitate business plans that impact multiple teams.