Are you a Laboratory Scientist with a sales background and want to become Consultant in the Microbiology space? Are you interested in helping hospital labs improve patient outcomes? Then come work with BD, and collaborate with the sales team utilizing your lab management experience leading change management that ties into infrastructure as the Regional Microbiology Solutions Specialist.
The Regional Microbiology Solution Specialist (RMSS) -WEST is responsible for managing the successful conversion process of 10-15 key accounts for ID-AST and Sepsis within the US region.
The RMSS will be responsible for growing these accounts by collaboration with local area teams, RBM’s and AVP’s to create and identify process gaps for ID-AST and sepsis and driving competitive share gains.
The RMSS is also responsible to coordinate the field activities related to the commercialization of the newer M50 and any related technology introductions for advanced informatics and next gen sepsis discovery.
Close attention is required to ensure the field activities related to the M50 and new technology introductions are within compliance with all BD policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and implement business strategies in assigned accounts. The business strategies must be agreed upon and implemented within the US region sales structure. This requires close coordination with the VP of Sales, Area VP’s, the Regional Business Managers and their local area teams
- Coordinate the market messaging and knowledge based activities related to the M50 and related technologies such as sepsis, mass spec and informatics integration. The IDSSS will position BD’s total solution as a key differentiated offering while staying within the regulatory guidelines established by BD
- Provide feedback and assist in the training of new and current salesassociates for solutions related to ID-AST and Sepsis share gain.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of product sales by unit and revenue for the assigned accounts.
- Engage in joint sales calls with assigned the Local Area Team to coach and improve the sales skills; accelerate the sales cycle and overall performance of the sales territory.
- Collaborate with Strategic Consulting Group (SCG’s), Lab Automation team, and National Account Managers (NAMs) to drive conversion and compliance of local accounts affiliated with national and large regional accounts and or regional accounts. Engages SCG’s in regional priority activities and targeted customer accounts within BDX’s identified Top 125 accounts. Collaborate with DS Regional Business Managers on key competitive targets for full microbiology solutions sets.
- Provide sales mentoring and training of “best practices” associated with technical product knowledge, competitive positioning, demonstration skills and value selling. Lead the implementation process for timely and accurate conversion to new product technologies in coordination with Micro Application Specialists and System Specialists.
- Take ownership and drive special projects related to sales or training as directed by the Area VP’s or VP of Sales.
- Provide consistent feedback to sales and marketing team on commercial marketing activities to include competitive intelligence and voice of customer and product improvements
- Key Opinion Leader development within the US region in collaboration with US/Global Marketing
- Effectively communicate competitive and market information on a timely basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must demonstrate and exhibit full understanding of microbiology and its downstream impact with infection control, pharmacy and other hospital and/or reference laboratory stakeholders
- Must demonstrate a full understanding of microbiology informatics such as middleware, antibiograms, and infection surveillance software such as Med Mined or TheraDoc
- Must be able to communicate and leverage a full understanding of sepsis protocols, identification and management of facility process dealing with financial impacts of laboratory technology
- Consistently demonstrate the ability work with and develop relationships at the Laboratory Operations level as well as potential C-Suite financial level leveraging the knowledge and impacts of sepsis management, AMR management and effective patient management
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal savvy to work all levels in the internal and external organizations to include but internal resources / teams
- Demonstrated successful capital management knowledge and experience; includes demonstrated ability to develop and implement customer sales strategies as well as implementation and verification processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within team settings
- Requires 50% Travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four year college or university, MS/MBA preferred but not required with Medical Technologist licensed experience
- Minimum of 8years of a combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experience; Capital equipment sales in the IVD molecular diagnostic segment preferred
- Experience attaining or supporting overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of medical sales or applications experience
- Previous experience in medical capital equipment sales or support with intricate working knowledge of ID-AST and Sepsis processes.
- Direct working experience within a laboratory setting directly managing or implementing a full sepsis management program base to include a AMR program and a clinical impact process or driver
- Full microbiology bench experience working with current ID/AST technologies used in today’s laboratory settings (MicroScan, Vitek, Phoenix, MALDI etc.)
- Experience working in a team selling environment or on cross functional teams
Job ID R-25323