BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Reporting into the Zone Director of Membership Sales, the Regional Membership Sales Manager will direct the regional team of Field Membership Sales, Corporate Membership Sales Representatives, and in some cases New Club Pre-opening Sales Representatives for a geographic area of club(s). Responsible for meeting defined Business and Inner Circle Membership plans while ensuring the integrity of the Field Sales Force. Develops and executes programs specific to the challenges and opportunities for each region to achieve new membership acquisition, member retention, and support club sales through our direct sales effort. Manages the field execution of all sales activity working closely with both the Field Operations and Home Office/Field Marketing teams. Responsible for the recruiting, training, management, and development of regional sales team and/or New Club Pre-Opening sales team insuring that all activities are executed within established sales/marketing policies, ethical standards, and company guidelines and budgets. Partners and communicates regularly with General Managers, Human Resources, Asset Protection, etc.
Requires outstanding leadership, training, motivation, and team building skills to meet the challenges of managing a decentralized staff within the club/field environment.
- Manages field sales team to identify strengths and weaknesses, to further develop the sales organization. Must provide direction and follow through to execute all sales goals. Must develop all marketing programs to best address market conditions. Must protect BJ's by insuring membership sales team members meet the highest standards on ethics and adhere to our specific policies and procedures to maintaining the integrity of the program. Responsible for submitting payroll weekly and ensuring all sales reported are processed.
- Identify opportunities and solutions in the region that could vary club by club. Requires the ability to analyze data and develop a strategic plan to support any underperforming clubs, and any opportunities for increased membership penetration. Insure continuity among sales force that all membership sales activity follows all policies and procedures striving for execution excellence.
- Responsible for working with the Director of Membership Sales, Home Office Marketing, and Field Operations teams on special projects as assigned. Responsible for supporting Field Sales Team and partnering with other departments to resolve any member care issues that might arise.
- In the event of a New Club Opening, you may be required to do overnight travel and will assume responsibility to manage that pre-opening effort in conjunction with managing existing region. Would include, but not limited to hiring office support staff, and field sales reps specific to that opening. Managing/overseeing and motivating all aspects of the pre-opening membership drive from walk -in sales, participating in outside events, and outside field sales through effective territory management. Will need to track all sales on a daily, weekly, monthly basis until Grand Opening. Collaborates with Club Operations in running and managing the Membership Sales Center. Achieves pre-open membership sales goals by end of Grand Opening weekend.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years in management with a background in marketing and or wholesale environment
- At least 1 year of experience in a cold calling selling situation
- Computer Proficiency, including windows products and the ability to learn our specific membership and travel applications and programs