The Regional Medical Affairs Manager will manage a team of MSLs in a given territory. This position will provide strategic and operational support for executing the ongoing MSL strategy. The Regional Medical Affairs Manager will oversee aspects of the Medical Affairs team, which include leading company initiatives, ensuring all regional activities adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidelines, and participating in the onboarding of new staff through scientific training. This position reports to the Director, Medical Affairs.
- Lead and manage Medical Science Liaisons in collaboration with Medical Affairs leadership.
- Manage performance of direct reports, and assist with hiring and training.
- Lead company initiatives as needed in the field to ensure positive business outcomes.
- Assist in managing and allocating resources for successful speaking engagements.
- Assist in the identification and development of relationships with regional and national Key Opinion Leaders.
- Ensure timely feedback and coaching is provided to Medical Science Liaisons to improve performance.
- Demonstrate scientific and business expertise relevant to GeneSight and respective therapeutic areas.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for use by the Medical Science Liaisons, and assist with measuring metrics across the department.
- Represent the company at medical congresses and scientific conventions.
- PhD, PharmD, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development.
- Experience with Medical Affairs strategy and execution.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional environments
- Innovative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills
- Develops and builds effective people and teams
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.