In this role, you will have an incredible opportunity to lead areas related to our client communication and marketing activities. This is a broad role with significant customer focus that will include overall coordination of our Practice’s marketing, business development and sales initiatives. Internal coordination with our technical and our corporate marketing and communications teams will be common, and will require excellent organizational skills in order to execute highly-complex assignments.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- The day-to-day management and coordination of the Practice’s marketing and communications plan by working closely with senior management
- Coaches, mentors, and trains other marketing professionals.
- Assigns research, proposals, communications, graphics, and other tasks.
- Manages large, complex assignments that may involve proposals, presentations, graphics, and marketing collateral, or web/multimedia, requiring coordination among multiple levels of the firm, Practice, or department.
- Leads complex proposal/project kick-off meetings, plans schedules, delegates work to others, and ensures deadlines are met.
- Proofreads and edits documents/materials and is responsible for the overall quality of deliverables of the team/department. Implements quality control processes for the team/department.
- May identify, evaluate, and assist senior management in contracting with vendors for significant marketing initiatives of the firm.
- May make commitments on behalf of the firm, but only under previously established guidelines.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices and shares knowledge with team and management.
- Responsible for ensuring all assignments and deliverables of team/department meet brand standards.
- Performs other marketing duties as assigned.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the firm’s practice, clientele, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Solves problems quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Assists in preparing presentations for Practice leadership, senior management or RS&H leadership on significant marketing initiatives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Practice sales goals and marketing budgets. Has an understanding of performance relative to these goals and budgets.
- Makes recommendations on go/no go decisions and reviews the viability of targeted pursuits, with a focus on Large Project Pursuits.
- Plays an active role in marketing-related meetings for key activities with the Region and Practice, including regional marketing needs, pursuit strategy discussions, and various client management planning meetings.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, communications, journalism, English, or business- related field. Master’s degree recommended.
- Possesses excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- A love for strategizing and finding creative ways to help us achieve our regional goals
- Minimum of 10+ years of prior work experience within the field. A/E/C experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (notably, InDesign and Acrobat), or other software to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience conducting strategy sessions required.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM), technical/design certification, or other related certification recommended.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Highly competent in marketing/communications theory and practice.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Membership and involvement with local chapter or SMPS, WTS or other related associations a plus
- Local Houston-area candidates preferred
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.