Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
You will be accountable for identifying new opportunities, developing and executing marketing strategies and driving new profitable growth for the segment in line with short- and long-term targets.
- Develop a deep market understanding of target market sub-segments.
- Understand market trends and manage opportunities for customers in a proactive manner by understanding the customers’ needs and business.
- Identify and develop new target markets and customers through value and opportunity analysis, market and customer intimacy; take the necessary actions in order to become the differentiated leader.
- Identify gaps in current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
- Lead the implementation of regional innovation projects and conversion to commercial products. Manage innovation pipeline and work in close partnership with R&D to prioritize innovation projects based on financial projections and strategic fit
- Work closely with the cross functional team to commercialize & launch new products, gain early market acceptance, and accelerate penetration.
- Lead product- or market-focused task forces for implementing strategic growth initiatives in the North America region (e.g., initiatives to grow additives product lines).
- Communicate with regional counterparts to coordinate and leverage market and product development strategies and regional pricing initiatives.
- Identify, generate, and capture more value from both new and existing solutions.
- Manage the marketing communication and regional tradeshow strategies and tactics to support new product and new market sales growth.
- Analyze profitability by product line and markets, recommending pricing actions to maintain or improve margins for existing and new products.
Key Performance Metrics
- Regional Innovation Pipeline (short-long term projected sales trajectory)
- Improved quality/value of opportunities in the pipeline (as shown in Dynamics CRM Database)
- New product launches, and sales and profit margin growth
- Effective Marketing Plan development and implementation, including channel strategy
- Customer-specific product strategies at global and key regional accounts
- Promotion and advertising effectiveness and budget management
Requirements – Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Strategic Marketing roles in a B2B environment.
- Commercial development acumen including: value chain analysis, customer needs analysis, definition of value proposition, marketing positioning, profit margin analysis, and a track record of success.
- Highly competent in developing, communicating, and implementing product and market strategies.
- Experienced in launching new products, including developing clear value propositions and strong selling cases.
- Experienced in developing marketing communication strategies & supporting literature development, along with planning and managing trade show participation.
- Demonstrated skills in effective cross-functional and cross-cultural (ie, inter-regional) communications
- Demonstrated track record of effective leadership and execution from strategy development through to commercialization.
- Quick learner with excellent communication and presentation skills:
- Ability to gain a quick overview of the market, key players and the general technology;
- Ability to develop rapport with key internal team players and stakeholders/management and customers.
- Excellent team player with leadership skills:
- Ability to influence team through thought leadership or actual team leadership.
- Travel up to 30%