Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Marketing Manager are to:
The incumbent will be responsible for 5 primary functions:
1.) Key opinion leader (KOL) relationship management
2.) Convention leadership and execution
3.) Speakers bureaus
4.) Marketing initiatives
5.) Field partnership
KOL Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain KOL relationships for the prostate franchise in order for our product(s) to remain at the forefront when appropriate;
- Oversee selection and partnership of KOL's that have influence beyond their own practice, and have a presence at regional or national educational conferences;
- Create a deeper relationship with these customers by engaging with them beyond the traditional sales model (conferences, advisory boards, consulting, speakers' bureau, etc.);
- Work with academic centers focusing on educating residents and fellows that treat advanced prostate cancer.
- Coordinate and execute plans for company presence at regional and national conferences;
- Support executive and senior leadership encounters at all major industry conventions (AUA, ASCO, etc.);
- Have a communication plan after each conference (interactions, presentations attended, key take-aways, competitive intelligence, follow-up plans, future conference planning).
- Lead identification and execution of marketing-led speaker programs;
- Support field team with their local speaker programs to ensure they are using the best speaker and slide deck for the audience.
- Own or contribute to various marketing projects that help drive the brand strategy (e.g., field resource development, digital marketing, advisory board coordination, GPO initiatives, POA planning, etc.);
- Actively participate on the prostate franchise field advisory board, piloting new materials and testing effectiveness with customers.
- Contribute to development of the regional strategic business plans as well as the marketing team's, providing key field insight/intelligence;
- Partner with sales consultants, key account executives, radiation therapy specialists, oncology nurse educators, national accounts team, medical affairs, and other internal partners to remain aligned on the business strategy for the brands.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 5+ years' experience in the pharma/biotech industry;
- 2+ years' experience working within the oncology or urology therapeutic areas;
- Proven accomplishment in identifying and utilizing/driving strategic approach to business/functional area, particularly in field sales organizations;
- Proven track record of sales success, including Top 50% performance in recent year;
- Significant experience in creating, maintaining and growing relationships with key customers;
- Maintain existing relationships with community and academic-based key opinion leaders;
- Creative and innovative with strong conceptual skills, while also possessing analytical problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, show attention to detail and follow-through to completion;
- Proactive, results-oriented, hard-working, self-starter motivated by a challenging task;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-functionally, both within the organization and with external partners, collaborating to ensure successful project completion;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Master's degree preferred;
- Some exposure to marketing and functional/leadership experience in market access, sales training and/or other commercial areas will be beneficial.