The Regional Marketing Director is a creative, organized, analytical marketer with the ability to multitask and influence others. Regional Marketing Directors are the boots-on-the-ground in our marketing team - creating and implementing marketing strategies by working directly with communities and regional leadership to provide recommendations - guiding them on customer experience, reputation management, and advertising with the goal of retaining existing residents and driving prospective residents to Camden’s apartment communities.
This individual will possess a curious mindset with the inclination to analyze performance and market variables in order to recommend and implement appropriate marketing and advertising strategies to help Camden communities meet their budget and performance goals. The ideal candidate will exhibit diligence in identifying trends, as well as interpreting and aggregating qualitative information from the regional, district and community level in order to make informed decisions to guide the tactics for each specific sector.
Creativity, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and outside-the-box thinking are a must! This individual acts as a liaison between national marketing, regional leadership, district leadership and community teams; and requires collaboration across various departments.
- Proactively monitor regional, district and community Key Performance Indicators thatsupport guest card,lease and NOI goals. Strategically evaluate input factors and thoughtfully prepare strategies to achieve goals.
- KPI’s including but not limited to: occupancy, guest cards, conversion, closing, rents, concessions, renewals, customer sentiment, engagement through social media, etc., to identify underperforming communities, recognize negative trends and work with national marketing and regional operations teams to modify tactics when necessary.
- Responsible for optimizing and maintaining content advertising for designated communities online, including website, Internet Listing Sites, and online directories.
- Work inpartnership withDistrict Managers and Community Managers to anticipate andrespondto marketing needs, including but not limited to:
- Support regional and community marketing efforts by tracking, analyzing and reporting on each community’s results.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly calls and/or meetings to represent marketing initiatives and support regional and local leadership, as needed.
- Develop and execute national and regional advertising campaigns and co-create materials in support of ancillary programs and new initiatives consistent with the Camden brand.
- Manage collateral and digital marketing to ensure effective, consistent and branded approach.
- Responsible for enforcing Camden’s Brand Guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing brand standards. This can include curb appeal, office, grounds, models, signage, featured apartments, make-readies, etc.
- Lead, mentor and coach community teams on effective social media practices and reputation management.
- Manage community photography and videography to differentiate and promote Camden apartment communities. Duties include pre-planning and logistical coordination including staging vacant apartments, assisting photographer during the photo shoot, and optimizing photography post production.
- Lead marketing and advertising initiatives for new developments, redevelopments and repositions from start to finish including exterior and interior signage, photography, floor plans, market analysis, lead development, campaigns, collateral, branded promotional items, demographic assessments, customer sentiment support and overall optimization.
- Participate with ethnographic research and co-creation workshops to enhance our customers’experiences; including but not limited toretention, renewal, move-in and overall brandexperience:
- Conduct focus groups to gain insights into customer needs and wants.
- Participate or lead task forces to pilot new initiatives before implementing on a local, regional or national level.
- Promote positive interactions with regional support and community teams through leadership meetings and other Camden cultural events.
- Manage regional marketing budgets and offer recommendations regarding local advertising spend. In depth understanding of the cost of leads, conversion rates, advantages/disadvantages for each advertising source.
- Understanding of the region’s general economics/business/housing conditions that could have an effect on regional, district and community performance. This includes:
- Apartment community competitive analysis (rents/new development/rehabs/customer engagement/online reputation, etc.)
- For Sale housing starts/prices
- Job growth/loss
- Reasons for resident move-outs
- Business/Industry coming to/leaving area
- Submarket demographics
- Knowledge of REITS and regional competitors
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in marketing, public relations, advertising or journalism.
- 3 years’ experience in multi-family industry; 5 years product management.
- No management experiencerequired.
- Travel up to 60% throughout regional area, with occasional travel to Houston corporate office and other regions within Camden.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Use a wide range of property management software and web-based applications
- Collaborate with various internal departments
- Multitask and follow through with projects in a timely manner
- Effectively present marketing strategies to internal teams
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Present a professional image in accordance with Camden standards
And here’s the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 lbs.), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, etc.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
- Deals with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.).
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
- Contact your HR team for the position’s Physical Demands Analysis