The Cocoa & Chocolate NA Manufacturing Technology Leader provides standardized technical direction and leadership for the Cocoa and Chocolate North American Operations (CCNA). This position will be the chocolate manufacturing technology expert in CCNA and will define operating philosophies and technical operating standards. This role is a key member of the CCNA Operations Leadership and Manufacturing Excellence Teams and works with these teams to ensure that our technology deployed is enabling manufacturing excellence and value creation. This position will lead the efforts to ensure our manufacturing technologies are continuously improving to meet changing customer and regulatory requirements while achieving the best total cost of ownership within acceptable risk tolerances. This position will lead the process engineering across the Business with focus areas including providing technical input and support for improvement projects as well as strategic growth projects. This role will support the Facilities in the implementation of standardization of work and operating processes and in the technical skill development of Operations teams. In addition, this position’s focus will be to advise on technology issues as they relate to new product development and in technology transfer of Product Development projects to commercial scale. This role will also oversee technology performance, utilizing performance metrics and KPI’s to ensure sustainment of value and identification of opportunities. Lastly, this role is a key link to the Global Cocoa and Chocolate Capabilities Team and the global deliverables and value realization at the plant level.
40% Develop, coach, lead others:
• Share vision, direction, value opportunities and empower/enable others to achieve it.
• Define operating philosophies and technical operating standards for manufacturing technologies used in CCNA Facilities
• Support Facility operations teams in the defining and implementing standard work and Standard Operating Procedures:
• Ensure standard employee training and development programs are in place relating to the manufacturing technologies deployed to ensure technical skill development of Operations teams
• Provide coaching, development, and performance management to direct and indirect reports.
30% Value creation:
• Lead value creation through identification and prioritization of improvement opportunities associated with manufacturing technologies.
• Lead process engineering to provide technical leadership and advice for improvement projects as well as strategic growth projects
• Collaborate and align with the Global Cocoa and Chocolate Capability Team in providing technical support for growth opportunities.
• Drive value creation by working closely with fellow Cocoa and Chocolate NA Manufacturing Excellence team members
30% Sustain the base:
• Identify, share and institutionalize best practices by understanding, documenting and deploying them across the CCNA. Partner with Global Cocoa and Chocolate team in aligning these best practices.
• Create and utilize processes and performance metrics to sustain the value created and identify opportunities in technology performance.
• Develop/optimize manufacturing technology processes.
• Advise on technology issues as they relate to producing new products.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a science field
• 10 years’ experience in Chocolate Manufacturing operations and technologies
• Basic knowledge of Food Safety, OSHA Administration and Environmental regulations
• Ability to partner with product line management and R&D on new product development
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities in alignment with business goals
• Demonstrated ability to lead in complex and ambiguous technical, operational, engineering, and business environments and lead those concepts across North American regional operations
• Ability to recognize when the utilization of lean manufacturing and/or six-sigma tools and methodologies will add business value
• Demonstrated ability to direct and lead people, with diverse backgrounds, to accomplish business objectives, through influence as well as through reporting lines
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver technical solutions
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, delegate and manage performance
• Demonstrated ability to recognize the need for additional measurements systems to monitor performance of a facility or technology
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through written, verbal and presentation skills with multiple levels of Cargill and customer organizations
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize to meet business objectives
• Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time, including some international travel
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or a science field
• Demonstrated competency and utilization of Statistical tools such as Minitab, JMP, Umetrics and/or other statistical or multivariate analysis tools
• Demonstrated project management skills