The primary responsibility of the regional manager is to sell The Work Number solution to Employers in the > 5,000 employee market space. This is a client facing sales role focused on identifying and qualifying potential new business opportunities, leading sales campaigns, effectively managing a sales pipeline, and presenting formal sales proposals to client decision makers. The regional manager is expected to effectively uncover, position, present, and contract The Work Number solution with the C-Suite, Senior Leaders, Managers, and key influencers within our employer client populations.
To meet established sales objectives, the regional manager must quickly assess a client's needs, work with internal subject matter experts, create effective proposals, and lead negotiations to close sales. Additionally, the regional manager is expected to efficiently manage all administrative functions including sales funnel management, sales forecasting, and expense management through SalesLogix and other supporttools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively plan and manage a territory in order to maximize the revenue potential and meet assigned new business quota goals.
- Prospect using key decision makers and influencers developing new business opportunities.
- Prepare and present formal proposals that speak to the value of The WorkNumber solution to key decision makers within the target company.
- Engage and strategize with multiple Equifax Centers of Excellence (COEs) throughout the sales, contracting, and implementation process.
- Coordinate and navigate complex client decision making processes, overcome objections, and lead negotiations.
- Network at Trade Shows, Industry Events, and Human Resources & Payroll Conferences.
- Work closely with Product Management and Marketing.
- Collaborate with other teams within Workforce Solutions to help improve internal processes, procedures and communications. Other teams will include: Operations, Account Management, Marketing, Legal, Sales Operations, and Data & Analytics.
- Oral Communication: The regional manager should speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; respond well to questions; demonstrate strong sales presentation skills; and effectively lead external and internal meetings.
- Written Communication: The regional manager will write clearly and edit workfor spelling and grammar; present numerical and statistical data effectively; and will be able to interpret written information well.
- Strategic Thinking: The regional manager leads the development of strategies to achieve organizational goals; will analyze markets and competition; identify external threats and opportunities and will adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning and Organization: The regional manager is expected to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism: The regional manager will engage others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Adaptable: The regional manager can adapt to changes in the workenvironment; manage competing demands; deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Detail & Task Oriented: The regional manager is expected to manage and follow through on multiple tasks and to communicate in a timely and concise manner.
Requirements - Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of successful new business sales experience in a business-to-business environment working with the senior management of mid-sized to large companies.
- Consistent performance with sales results that exceed established annual objectives.
- Proficient user of Windows based and Microsoft applications - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior experience with Human Resources or Payroll systems.
- Knowledge of SalesLogix or a similar Sales Process Management tool.
- Prior professional sales development training - Consultative and/or Insight Selling.