5 - 7 years
Posted 188 days ago
1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer program to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery Management: Ensures the consistent delivery of the SAF core services to all clients in their area.
• Coordinates services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach, to include command meetings and education briefings, presentations, or workshops.
• Ensures a strong military community outreach program and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF initiatives.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up information and referrals; and other related services. Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Ensures military and veteran community is offered resiliency training.
4. Financial and Reporting Management: Manages expenditures to ensure programs are operating within budget to support SAF programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
CONUS (United States and territories):
• Works closely with Regional Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a regional SAF volunteer program.
• Partners with the Regional communication team to support strong visibility for SAF in the community.
• May oversee International Services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience in program management or related field is required.
Managerial Experience: A minimum of 1 year of successful supervisory experience is required.