As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, coaching, developing and managing a regional sales team for effective regional coverage and for optimizing sales execution to attain sales and profit targets. You will also be responsible for developing and communicating sales plans/strategies/objectives as well as identifying and building rapport with key customers and IDN's. The regional sales team will target acute care and alternate site customers by representing Coloplast's portfolio of Ostomy Care product lines.
We are a fast-growing global company with an innovative culture. Curiosity is in our DNA. We seek ambitious people who want to take part in our mission to make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs
Major Areas of Accountability
• Drives Results - Provides clear direction and defines priorities for the team; meets or exceeds organizational key performance indicators, sales targets and quotas for sales region; monitors account performance and redirects efforts when goals are not being met.
• Plans, Organizes and Administers Sales Region - Translates business strategies into clear objectives and tactics; creates realistic plans including budget, staffing and account responsibilities; has top line sales and bottom line profit responsibility for a sales region including operating income/expenses; plans, prepares and follows up on sales forecasts, budgets, AP activities and departments operating costs; anticipates problems and develops contingency plans; establishes and implements effective and efficient procedures for getting work done; reviews and updates sales databases on a regular basis; make recommendations on sales quotas for each sales representative.
• Builds Strategic Customer Relationships - Encourages sales team to build customer loyalty and multiple relationships within the customer's organization; identifies strategic business opportunities; establishes effective relationships with key customers and employees externally and internally; puts a high priority on customer interests when making decisions.
• Motivates and Influences Others - Establishes high standards and challenging goals for the team and holds them accountable to achieving those goals; conveys trust in people's competence to do their jobs; recognizes people for good performance; acknowledges and celebrates team accomplishments; acts as a liaison between the sales force and other functions in the organization; influences and shapes the decisions of upper management; provides compelling rationale for ideas; works toward win/win solutions whenever possible.
• Staffs and Develops the Team - Accurately identifies the critical skills and knowledge required for successful job performance; staffs team with highly competent, experienced and ethical people; champions the promotion of the best contributors; aligns resources according to strategic objectives of the sales region.
• Shapes Sales Strategy - Develops and implements sales plans and strategies for the assigned sales region consistent with the companies sales policies and sales service capacities through a deep understanding of the market; adapts sales channels as markets change; considers both global and local trends/ opportunities when establishing sales strategies.
• BA or BS degree
• 5+ years successful sales experience
• 3+ years of medical sales management experience with proven success
• Willingness and ability to travel, including overnight -- 50% - 75%
• Lives within the sales region they are responsible for
• Masters degree in Business Management or equivalent
• Track record of successfully building long term relationships with Supply Chain executives
• Ability to positively coach sales teams in a complex and lengthy sales process
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of Ostomy Care products.
Req ID 33544