The Regional Manager of School Operations is responsible for leading and supporting school operations for 7 schools in Dallas-Fort Worth while partnering with School Leaders to upkeep, elevate, standardize, and progress monitor school operations. The strategic goals are to generate operational efficiencies to directly impact quality classroom experiences for each KIPPster and help remove obstacles to teaching and learning so School Leaders are better able to focus their time on the classroom.
As a member of the regional operations leadership team, the Regional School Operations Manager is responsible for leading and guiding school operation team members by building a school operations collaborative, creating professional development scope and sequence plans, leading professional development sessions, developing and implementing scalable processes and systems, providing regional operational resources and expertise, and supporting the day to day operational opportunities as KIPP Texas - Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools continues to grow and expand.
Guide, support, and oversee school operations, in conjunction with School Leaders, City and Statewide leaders across multiple departments to ensure efficiency, standardization, and improved support.
- Work with other Regional School Operation Managers across the state to centralize best practices via handbooks, toolkits, and playbooks aimed at improving school operations and solving common challenges across schools.
- Implement and provide trainings on standard and scalable processes, protocols, and systems aimed at improving school operations and solving common challenges across schools.
- Develop common expectations of school operations and measure via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Serve as a liaison to all non-academic central operations functions impacting school operations including but not limited to Facilities, Information Technology, Child Nutrition, Student Transportation and Accountability (i.e. state reporting).
- Demonstrate financial responsibility by managing the Regional School Operations budget and analyzing monthly financial statements.
- Collaborate with School Leaders and APOs to develop and track individual development plans for each Operations Leader.
- Develop a sense of community amongst the DFW APOs by creating opportunities for collaboration, best practice sharing, and corporate professional development
- Lead communication with internal and external stakeholders to efficiently inform members of any emergent or planned protocol involving school operations. Additionally, serve as the School Operations liaison to other operational departments regarding space planning, feedback, and input.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Operations to establish strategies and goals which support the schools and the strategic plan.
- Attend relevant professional development trainings as requested by the Managing Director of Operations.
Integrate teams and continuously seek operational innovation
- Support new school openings by participating in planning meetings so as to provide best practices, train school operational faculty, and monitor implementation for a strong school start.
- Develop the future organization structure aligned to the strategic plan and operational vision in collaboration with School Management, School Operational Leaders, School Leaders, and KIPP Texas Operations.
- Formally check-in with School Leaders and School Operations Leaders at least twice a month to build relationships, better understand bright spots, challenges, and to gain general feedback.
- Build relationships, lead by example, and help coach School Operations Leaders, ensuring alignment with the School Leader.
- As KIPP Texas continues to expand, this role might evolve into having direct reports.
- Take on additional roles and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional project management skills, with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an energetic attitude; ability to work with all levels of the organization effectively and quickly build rapport
- Proven experience building operational efficiency while proactively finding solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high-quality work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the KIPP Texas mission
- Service-oriented, able to adapt to a changing environment while applying flexibility to work under pressure and remaining calm in the midst of competing demands
- Strong ethics and a determination to make the campus operate safely, efficiently and effectively
- Proven data management skills
- Budget management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Google applications (Sheets, Docs, Google Drive), with the ability to quickly learn new technologies (Slack, video conferencing apps, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; plus 5 years of work experience, preferably in a business, nonprofit, or school operations environment
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between campuses
- English fluency is required; Spanish is a plus