Industry: Industrial Equipment & Supply•
11 - 15 years
Posted 383 days ago
The Northwest Wholesale Regional Manager will provide inspirational leadership to the wholesale branches within the region by building and supporting a team of world-class branch manager direct reports.
The Regional Manager will promote the business model, key business principles, and core values while maximizing operating performance, as measured by profit sharing per teammate, ROI, market share, people development and sales growth.
The Northwest Region currently includes 15locations. A regional manager routinely visits branches to lead people development; review financial, sales and operational results; and strategize with select suppliers and customers.
Company Culture and Values
The successful candidate will be committed to our core values and key business practices.
• Teaching, Promoting, and Protecting Core Values
o Fairness and Caring
o Trust and Respect
o Generous Listening
o Straight Talk
• Embracing Key Business Practices
o Branch Locations is the heart of the business
o Branch Manager is the most important position in the company
o Success is shared by all, which includes an employee profit-sharing model
o Entrepreneurial mindset that creates opportunity for all teammates (Freedom to Live into Your Dream)
Key Priorities, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. People… Select and Develop a World Class Team
• Recruit, select, develop and retain a team of world class branch managers. Coach and provide ongoing feedback to motivate and develop them.
• Performance Management. Establish measurable performance objectives and provide verbal feedback and periodic written performance evaluations. Make sure that all branch managers understand the expectations by which their performance is being measured.
• Inspirational leadership. Display confidence and promote a winning attitude, strong team dynamics, pride in achievements, collaboration and sharing; create a culture that encourages new ideas and entrepreneurial risk-taking.
• Promote a culture of high expectations. Consistently challenge branch managers to grow and improve; to push themselves to become the best they can be and never settle for complacency.
2. Manage to Key Business and Financial Expectations.
• Drive world-class performance while maintaining a strong controls environment. Establish business and financial performance expectations.
3. Business Development
• Develop Customer and Supplier Relationships. Strengthen business relationships based on integrity, clear communication and mutual success.
• Lead Expansion Opportunities. Foster industry relationships to create acquisition opportunities; research potential internal expansion target markets.
• 10+ years leadership & management experience
• A work history demonstrating progressive responsibility, in the areas of P&L, growth initiatives, and management and strong reputation for ethics and integrity.
• 5 – 10 years wholesale distribution, or equivalent experience in areas like: sales and sales management; new construction, repair and remodel
• Willingness and ability for business travel 70% of the time, most typically within the region.
• Strategic thinker who possesses excellent general management, sales management and business development skills coupled with strong financial acumen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Is driven, energetic, well-organized, entrepreneurial, disciplined, unpretentious, resilient, courageous, charismatic and influential.
• Master’s Degree or other applicable continuing education
• Strong history of sales and sales management while building influential relationships
• Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and developing world-class leadership
• Prior role(s) in region management or other executive leadership positions
Location and Travel
The successful candidate will reside within the region, ideally with reasonable proximity to a major air hub. Significant travel to the region’s locations and engagement with all branch teams are critical for success.
• You can Live anywhere in the Northwest Region for this opening!
Individuals from companies with strong management programs like:
Sherwin Williams, Home Depot, Arrow Electronics, Fastenal, Grainger, Penske, Ferguson, or any Wholesale Distributor Background
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.