5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Inland Regional Manager responsible for all regional oil spill/emergency response activities, contractor/government/client relationship management, support of local drills/exercises and project management. Responsibilities include oversight of response activities, equipment maintenance, training, safety and compliance programs in the Inland region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage relationships with the U.S. Coast Guard, EPA, State and local environmental agencies, ship owners, and facility operators in region. Promote possible future client structures within the region by promoting NRC capabilities and marketing approaches to advance our presence in the industry.
- Manage field operations for oil spill response and contingency response operations, including oversight of major ports and facilities in assigned region. Assist in inshore, near-shore, rivers, lakes and possible offshore operations including setting up spill equipment for containment and recovery, gathering of time sensitive information for proper notification and approval during spill activities.
- Manage equipment deployment and contractors utilizing NRC equipment and Independent Contractor Network (ICN) equipment staged at their facilities, ensuring proper training of independent contractors regarding the proper use, inspection, and maintenance of NRC equipment; work with the contractors during spill events.
- Maintain OPA 90 compliance including equipment maintenance and the scheduling and execution of training, safety and equipment deployment drills with NRC and contractor staff.
- Administer site assessments and environmental impact analysis for marine transportation related facilities and non-marine facilities involved in the transportation, handling and storage of oil and hazardous substances.
- The Regional Manager is expected to assist with the expansion of new business opportunities. Through existing business relationships and development of new relationships, work with Business Development to sell NRC’s suite of products and services to NRC’s existing clients and prospects. These opportunities would include, but not be limited to, OSRO coverage, Planning, Training, Exercise and Consulting services.
- Other duties as assigned, including back-up support for other Regional Managers as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Maritime or Environmental Studies, Business or related field, plus 5+ years’ industry experience including spill response as well as remediation company experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Successful track record managing relationships with federal and state agency personnel, clients and colleagues during regular operation, remediation and spill response activities.
- Familiar with the oil spill response business
- Good communications skills
- Experience in managing a shore based equipment maintenance program.
- Demonstrated experience as a successful self-starter.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and US Passport.