The Regional Manager of Firefighter Partnerships is a dynamicand creative fundraiser responsible for securing and growing new income,developing relationships with Regional and local firefighters, and working to expandMDA’s business including but not limited to MDA’s core firefighter CommunityEngagement programs such as Fill the Boot. The Regional Manager of FirefighterPartnerships will work closely with their Regional Manager, Executive Directors along with the NVP ofOrganizational Partnerships to ensure income growth in the region and market,bringing new Locals and non-union departments into the FTB Program and/or otherspecial events, while also looking to expand opportunities to grow thefundraising partnership. S/he will work to implement the program established bythe National Vice President for Organizational Partnerships. In addition to the Regional Director s/hereports to, this role is also expected to collaborate with and take directionfrom the National Vice Presidents to ensure best practices are beingfollowed.
- Responsible for effectively andefficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to achieveor exceed financial goals and execute successful Community Engagement events suchas Fill the Boot and other fire fighter events, within the district business plan.
- Execute/oversee District business plan toexceed revenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new incomesources.
- Identify and execute best practicesthat result in growth of event revenue in alignment with income plans; drives standardsof excellence and encourages innovation in Fill the Boot and other fire fighterevents.
- Create fundraising opportunities throughvarious development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, andnew lead generation.
- Deliver organized, structured, andpersuasive presentations, to current/former/potential Locals, Departments, andpotential business sponsors using effective written and verbal communication.
- Represent MDA throughout the communityand actively engage in networking events and business development groups withemphasis on the local IAFF and non-union firefighters.
- Collaborate and take direction from theirRegional Manager along with the NVP to develop a Region wide fundraisingstrategy, timelines and goals with concentrated focus on existing Fill the Bootprograms and innovative firefighter community events.
- Working with the National Vice Presidentfor Organizational Partners, develop innovative programs that engage communityleaders and key influencers in raising revenue for MDA.
- Build relationships and accountabilitysystems to ensure supporters are engaged and our mission is clearlyarticulated.
- Manage expenses tied to Fill the Boot,and other fire fighter events, seeking to grow efficiencies and economy,wherever possible.
- Lead, co-lead and/or assist in Boot camppreparations in the Region as directed by the Regional Director.
- Assist as directed by NVP and/or RD anyadditional training needs for staff within the Region.
- Work with all spoke offices withinRegion to ensure staff are organized and attending IAFF state conventions, andother large regional fire fighter meetings to advance MDA’s mission andfundraising.
- Work with NVP, RD and NationalVolunteer position to develop a Regional volunteer platform for fire fighterevents including training of volunteers for defined positions.
- Ensure there is a Fire fighterengagement plan and execution at all summer camps within Region.
- Prepare Region for all National callblitzes, implement additional call blitzes for Region in accordance with thenational benchmark deadlines to ensure Region is meeting and exceeding goals.
- Perform other duties or special projectsas needed.
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceedfundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborativerelationships with sponsors to meet business objectives.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence.Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increasedresponsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate theability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety ofpersonalities and leadership styles.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate,including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate inmeetings; write clearly and informatively.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat otherswith respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understandbusiness implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, completeadministrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment.Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach tobest fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for ownactions; keeps commitments.
- Bachelor’sdegree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and 4+ years ofdemonstrated fundraising, sales and business development experience with atrack record of successfully meeting quotas and surpassing expectations orequivalent combination of education and work experience in sales and/orfundraising.
- Ability towork independently and have high personal expectations of work product.
- Ability totravel throughout region as well as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use ofpersonal vehicle in the course of employment is needed to travel throughout thedistrict. Significant local travel is required for this position; includingvisiting local business, sponsors, health care facilities, and events in publicplaces. Valid drivers license required.
- Ability tomanage budgets closely, both in income and expense.
- Strongcomputer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desiredresults.