Holds responsibility for operations of manufacturer services business in assigned region. Focuses on new manufacturer services implementations working with the corporate implementations team and various field resources (Warehouse, Transportation, and Customer Service). Ensures that the O&M manufacturer services operations exceed performance metrics for productivity and quality in the assigned region via hands-on auditing, hands-on training, and a continuous improvement focused agenda. Coordinates Warehouse, Transportation, and Customer Service resources in support of manufacturer services operating success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Facilitates collaboration across the region to create a foundation of operational excellence for Manufacturer Services customers while delivering financial results.
- 2. Manages regional relationships with manufacturer representatives, understanding their market position to identify goals, resources, and action steps necessary to strengthen existing relationships and meet operational goals.
- 3. Regionally manages to the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) outlined in Manufacturer Services Client customer agreements.
- 4. Collaborates with OMU on training the regional teammates that support the Manufacturing Services business. Makes sure new teammates are trained prior to working in the operation and audits training records during time on site.
- 5. Works closely with the site specific operations teams within assigned region to ensure operational performance is being delivered; in this audit based task, focus is equally given to both warehousing and transportation solutions.
- 6. Collaborates with the Operating VP to ensure that critical points of failure are identified and monitored in conjunction with work process, solution instructions and inclusive of control tower operations
- 7. Coordinates a team of regional resources, which report through various supervisory reporting structures outside of manufacturer services that will protect and foster the growing manufacturer services business; supports the Operating VP in the development of talent leveraging functional expertise for hiring, assessing, mentoring and coaching leaders and teammates.
- 8. Stays current with industry trends and evolving strategy of regional customers and Owens & Minor to identify potential business opportunities in the assigned region.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1. Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related area required
- 2. Eight plus years of applicable experience; minimum of two years direct supervisory experience
- 3. In depth knowledge of best practices and business strategies within Sales or Operations of Owens & Minor preferred
- 4. Comprehensive understanding of relevant industry issues required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. Must have strong credibility and experience in healthcare manufacturing-centric logistics solutions and services in the assigned service line
- 2. Proven track record of delivering excellent financial results
- 3. Strong knowledge of consumer products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, controlled substances, and value-added services within the industry
- 4. Ability to sell; sales background advantageous
- 5. Experienced with commercial nuances and contract requirements
- 6. Experienced with regulatory compliance and quality control as required by the healthcare and medical device industries
- 7. Solid communication skills
- 8. Solid negotiation skills
- 9. Ability to be a strong change agent for the Manufacturer Services Operations organization
- 10. Strong ability to influence