Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000+ employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Regional Manager, Human Resources will oversee a team of Field HR Generalists in providing support to designated geographic locations on human resource matters, in addition to providing hands-on Generalist support to assigned customer groups and assisting the corporate HR team on corporate-wide projects and assignments.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a team of Field HR Generalists to include hiring, setting goals, managing development and performance through coaching, formal and informal feedback, and knowledge transfer.
- Review and provide guidance on escalated employee relations matters to the location HR team, to ensure a consistent approach across the organization.
- Advise management and employees in regards to human resources policies and procedures, and employment laws.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Be an effective, trusted, and credible coach and advisor to people at all levels within the organization.
- Act as a liaison between management and employees to quickly resolve employee relations issues preventing escalation and potential risk and liability.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations concerning employee complaints and works with managers/employees/leadership to ensure prompt resolution of employee concerns.
- Assists managers with employee performance issues, the development of coaching plans and performance improvement needs.
- Identify procedures and processes needed for HR, document and communicate to Location HR team members (e.g., job description creation, updates, etc.).
- Act as liaison between the Corporate and Field HR Team to ensure compliance in the Business Unit locations and effectively roll-out HR initiatives.
- Establish system for tracking employee inquiries and issues, and analyze data to identify trends and provide actionable insights.
- Analyze HR metrics and identify ways HR can continuously improve and manage efficiency.
- Identify process improvements for Field HR.
- Monitor HR transactions for designated site employees to ensure data integrity and identify inaccuracies, troubleshoot and communicate solutions.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Management or related field.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of California Employment Law, as well as experience implementing Human Resource processes and programs in multi-site, multi-state locations.
- 5-7 years' true Generalist experience (e.g. Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation, Staffing, Onboarding, etc.) with a strong background in Employee Relations required.
- Prior experience supervising HR professionals preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A solid sense of discretion, professionalism and use of good judgment while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Superior communication skills – convey confidence, empathy and trust via candor and diplomacy to build effective relationships across all levels.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Prior experience in fast paced, growth oriented company preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
- Ability to travel regularly to multiple sites within Northern and Southern California, as well as occasional travel to other sites outside of the state as needed.