This position is responsible for the overall management of office services, facility repairs and maintenance activities, building engineering and operations, vendor management and control, safety and physical security for all ACS properties within a region. This position is responsible for staff trainings (FMs) and ensuring that staff place emphasis on excellent customer service, operational efficiency, and aligning with Division and Enterprise goals and objectives. In addition, this position supervises the Facility Managers within a region.
• Manages and has oversight for all facilities management operations, including communications, systems, security, health & safety, mechanical and electrical and building services, procurement and office services, including through the management of external vendors and contractors in the assigned region.
• Implements initiatives to reduce operating costs in assigned region to increase efficiencies, maximize return on property investments, prolong asset useful life, ensure safety, and improve property value (where applicable).
• Manages maintenance and service programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties, where applicable, protecting and prolonging the useful life of assets within the portfolio and assuring customer satisfaction of the staff occupying the space.
• Ensures that staff maintains accurate and up to date space plans, utilization reports and asset inventories for all properties in assigned region.
• Performs scheduled and ad hoc property inspections for all sites within assigned region to ensure compliance with ACS standards.
• Develops capital improvement and deferred maintenance plans and budgets for assigned locations.
• Manages and oversees all ad hoc interior projects, re-stacks, moves/adds/changes and furniture modifications.
• Enforces workplace standards and initiatives.
• Ensures Facilities Management procedures comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Produces and maintains various reports and metrics, and oversees the implementation of best practices.
• Working in conjunction with the Regional Director, develops local guidelines, and training and communication for emergency preparation and response, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
• Responsible for coaching, management, and development of subordinate staff.
A bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional designation preferred (i.e. CFM, FMP, CPM, RPA, MFE, etc.).
Demonstrates Finance Competencies:
Customer focus, Decision quality, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Instills trust
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Experience directly managing staff.
• Experience directly managing vendors.
• Experience managing tenant/landlord relationship and lease interpretation.
• Proven organizational, management, and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
• Negotiates confidently with people at a senior level on both an internal and external basis. Can deal with difficult situations.
• Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging security and health and safety issues and recommending appropriate mitigation.
• Problem solver with ability to organize multiple priorities, tasks, and requests.
• Self-starter with ability to work alone and as part of team.
• Ability to hire, train, and develop staff.
5+ years work experience in facilities management, property management, office services and administration, operations, or procurement.