Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Dealer Operations is responsible for the overall recovery performance of their assigned region and for the direct day to day management of the Dealer Operations Specialists within that region. These duties include reviewing Dealer Operations Specialists production/performance on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis versus given goals; attaining expected recovery levels for product cancellations, missing equipment, dealer participation and unwinds; enforcing corporate policies; creating and implementing recovery strategies; fostering and promoting a positive and productive work environment, and monitoring overall performance levels within their region.
- Manages daily Dealer Operations daily strategies.
- Manages assigned Regional Territories by coordinating with Specialist, Sales, Dealers and any internal department to ensure recoveries which helps to improve profitability and minimize losses.
- Coordinates with senior management to create and implement new team strategies and initiatives while ensuring companywide goals are met.
- Identifies ways to improve department processes which includes writing projects, testing projects and work withproduct managers and IT.
- Reviews and updates policies based on changes within the company, industry and state requirements which includes meetings with Compliance, Legal and State Examinations.
- Manages Risk within the department and creating & monitoring risk assessments coordinated with our Risk department.
- Negotiates problem unwinds and monies due from dealerships based on post funding discoveries.
- Evaluates each loan at escalations points to ensure that business strategies are met.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Provides and promotes among Dealer Operations Specialists best in class customer service in all interaction and communication with our dealer partners and internal associates.
- Builds and cultivates relationships with Dealer Operations Specialists, sales team and dealership personnel in order to support the company’s objectives.
- Creates and reviews monthly recovery goals for all Dealer Operations Specialists and department as a whole.
- Implements training and provide professional development and promotion of best practices with Dealer Operations Specialists.
- Reviews Dealer Operations Specialists and regional performance via “one on one” sessions monthly or more frequently on an as needed basis.
- Facilitates, coordinates and executes team meetings as needed.
- Analyzes daily/monthly reports to assist and fully understand Dealer Operations Specialists production and regional performance.
- Trains, mentors and develops Dealer Operations Specialists for additional responsibilities and management opportunities in the future.
- Reviews and monitors annual Dealer Operations Specialists objectives with associates to ensure proper direction and feedback is given to all employees regarding where they can improve and what they are excelling at.
- Monitors, reviews and makes recommendations regarding budget for their assigned Regional Territory ensuring goals are met.
- Organizes and implements the hiring of additional Dealer Operations Specialist staff on an as needed basis.
- Approves and monitors all time off requests and work to ensure consistent coverage at all times for dealers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Dealer Operations, Servicing, or related experience.
- Auto dealership experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Must have a working knowledge of Automobile Lease and Commercial rules, regulations and collection policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Strong industry/product knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Internet , Word, Excel
- Strong leadership/management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, personal ownership and drive towards results
- Demonstrated ability to establish and enhance processes to improve business results
- Proven ability to leverage technology in business operations