Constellation Brands is building the preeminent fine wine selling division in the market, and is looking for only the best fine wine professionals in the industry.
We are looking for a fine wine sales manager with an established record of fine wine brand building performance who will build our fine wine business and brand equity with the trade, developing distributor relationships within the specified marketplace and deliver on the company's sales execution standards, brand building initiatives and business goals.
- Develop and conduct assigned distributor team plans, periodic team reviews, market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and general sales meetings with distributor fine wine and on-premise teams.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the upcoming calendar year.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding company sales goals and providing leadership to your assigned teams to accomplish the accurate and timely execution of all company initiatives, programs, brand building activation and execution standards
- Cultivate strong relationships with distributor personnel and manage and communicate goals/quotas, incentives and allocations for your territory
- Develop prestige account targeting lists, ensure your teams are driving distribution in these accounts and track all account activity, working cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- Work with and coach distributor sales members to educate them on our brands, brand activation initiatives and execution standards
- Create a culture within your teams of continuous improvement, best in class practices and focus on how and where brands are sold in addition to meeting sales goals
- Implement sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands CORE brand priorities with distributors while assisting in achieving expected results
- Conduct regular distributor market work-withs to ensure sales execution, pricing integrity and brand building initiatives are implemented.
Market Activation & Customer Management
- Directly manage key prestige regional accounts; developing and cultivating strong relationships and leveraging these relationships to explore business opportunities.
- Positively and proactive collaboration with distributor account leads to optimize success with accounts.
- Provide an unrivaled quality of service to ensure our brands are front of mind.
- Leverage account relationships and brand building activities to foster trade advocacy.
- Ensure best-in-class consumer experiences at point of sale that bring to life the uniqueness of our brands by leveraging wine list features, events and staff training.
- Effectively communicate our brand stories and develop a powerful set of brand experiences that leave a lasting impression.
- Create ownable occasions for our brands in the market (gifting, celebration etc.)
- Manage allocations by account to ensure best use of scarce wines for optimum benefit to gross margin and brand equity.
- Uphold price integrity and execution standards.
- Leverage tools and resources for optimum benefit, e.g. trade events for winemaker visits
- Execute national programs and brand building initiatives
- Call on both on current prestige accounts, while also being responsible for aggressively looking for new opportunities to expand market share.
- Effectively present & promote brands through trade and consumer events, staff education, sales calls, wine dinners and tastings.
- Support regional team to build brand equity in the market and collaborate on blitzes and events
Administration and Analysis
- Provide feedback to General Sales Manager on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity for effective planning and programming.
- Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data
- Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable)
- Conduct and report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area
- Insure required reports are turned in timely and as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Fine wine credentials (e.g. Advanced CMS, WSET Diploma)
- 5 years-experience in fine wine distributor and account management
- Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making experience
- High level of credibility, relationships, and demonstrated ability in customer management
- Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business
- Excellent communication skills, strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train, lift up to 45lbs
- Frequent travel within assigned area of business
- Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a warehouse/distribution environment on a frequent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision
Location Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type Full time
Job Area Sales
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn