Regional Manager, Big Trucks - West Coast
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented field-based Regional Manager, Big Trucks - West Coast Region reporting to our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Big Trucks team. As a Regional Manager, Big Trucks, you will:
Develop and implement market penetration plans to establish Hyster or Yale as the preferred supplier of materials handling equipment to heavy industry applications.
Support dealer business growth through daily activities related to big/jumbo truck business such as quote preparation, availability and product specification.
Work with dealers on both short and long term strategic and tactical plans to develop and grow market share in our West Coast Region.
Develop an accurate annual forecast for each dealer and ensure monthly attainment. Utilize Salesforce.com to manage Opportunities and ensure correct commitment allocation for the pipeline/forecast.
Work with dealers on the Big Truck Business Plan to ensure engagement and financial commitment to coverage, rental, stock, training, technicians and support resources.
Support the dealer in account/market identification and ensure coverage through territory reps or special account representative.
Engage in supporting the Aftermarket component of the business and ensure dealer readiness to support accounts. Help to resolve Aftermarket support issues in coordination with the Parts Distribution Center as needed.
Establish relationships with key decision makers and actively participate in industry organizations with the objective of increasing the sale of Hyster or Yale products to steel, lumber, concrete and other related customers.
Support all national and regional events as required.
Coordinate activities between the local dealer and Hyster-Yale Group resources to ensure that there is adequate product / customer support capabilities in place to meet or exceed customer needs and enable significant market share and unit volume growth.
The Regional Manager, Big Trucks Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
- Provide tactical (day to day) sales & Aftermarket support to dealers for Big Trucks. Drive the closure of sales/growth of Big Truck new unit and Aftermarket business and remove barriers to success.
- Execute daily sales activities including quoting, customer interface, product specification, support Aftermarket needs, etc.
- Provide strategic sales guidance such as market definition, developing sales and service market approach, etc.
- Define market and accounts, develop account plans, develop solution selling platforms, engage each dealer in their dealer business plan, and educate dealers on how to operate the Big Truck business.
- Provide training on new product introduced and competitive product review. Train dealers on how to operate in/sell to specific applications.
- Train dealers on new and existing product or applications.
- Direct support of National Account efforts with customers in Big Trucks.
- Support landing competitive or existing National accounts that contain big truck business.
- Support product development/application center activities through coordination and direct feedback.
- Provide input to the strategic product plan by defining product and industry requirements.
- Lead efforts to engage industry associations and be a known expert in assigned industries.
- Support all regional and national events and engage in being a leader within the assigned association.
- Develop/build/support target direct accounts that dealers are not currently engaged with.
- Take on defined target accounts as the lead manager and drive to closure.
The Successful Regional Manager, Big Trucks Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with 7+ years industry-related experience, required
- Non-degreed candidates must have 15+ years of experience in an industry related field
- Experience in Big Trucks or similar product and technical knowledge, required
- Experience in Sales and/or Sales Leadership, required
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits ? medical, vision, dental
- Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
- PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Health Clinics
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.