Nestlé Nespresso SA is the pioneer and reference for highest-quality portioned coffee. The company works with more than 70,000 farmers in 12 countries through its AAA Sustainable Quality™ Program to embed sustainability practices on farms and the surrounding landscapes. Launched in 2003 in collaboration with The Rainforest Alliance, the program helps to improve the yield and quality of harvests, ensuring a sustainable supply of high quality coffee and improving livelihoods of farmers and their communities.
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Nespresso operates in 69 countries and has more than 12,000 employees. In 2016, it operated a global retail network of more than 600 boutiques.
The role’s main priorities are to develop and ensure successful implementation of the B2B route-to-market strategy. This individual will ensure aggressive B2B channel growth thorough the office segment and work with distribution field teams to ensure excellence in execution in all segments and markets. The position will ensure complete alignment with the distribution teams and/or sales support partners to drive the B2B RTM strategy. This role will ensure growth in points of distribution (doors) as well as machines and capsules. Additionally, this role will be responsible for driving sales execution in Offices (sell-out) in our top National and/or high profile, high volume customers through a team of Territory Sales Managers.
Drive growth in new and same store Office accounts throughdistribution:
- Leverage, manage and drive distributors to grow the overall Office business including the sell-in for the high profile/volume and/or national account customers
- Aligns with and ensures implementation of the overall B2B RTM strategy, working closely with the direct Nespresso territory sales team, sales partners and Distributionsales reps
- Creates the programs, tools, support and processes as needed to ensure exceptional execution and measureable results
Territory Management through designated TerritorySalesManager:
- Closely monitors sales & distribution results and execution against annual plans & contract terms with assigned Territory Sales Managers.
- Consistently look for areas of new growth for the Office business, ensuring 100% alignment with the internal distribution team and distributor partners
- Schedules regular work-widths and branch visits with distributors to ensure territory growth
- Maintains a direct relationship with his/her 100+ high profile/volume and/or national customers and proactively works with them to increase Nespresso sales (sell-out)
- Consistently builds local relationships and partnerships in order to secure new account growth and adoption of the Nespresso brand
- Serves as the local expert on his/her territory, knowing when new accounts are opening, who the decision makers are, what drives their decisions, etc.
- Manages all aspects of his/her territory including budgets, account development, distributors, etc.
- Lead, coaching and develop Territory Sales Managers to achieve yearly objectives and expense budgets
- Coaches, educates and motivates direct reports to ensure both segments of the channel are achieving their targets
- Ensure career development for entire team including function specific training
- Spends adequate time with team i to implement and execute Offices strategy & seek out new business opportunities
Ensures compliance across performance tracking measures and deliverables to ensure exceptional execution while regularly analyzing sales data and insights to evaluate& improve performance
- Establishes clear expectations of short and long-term measures of success with core customers and distributors
- Drives the integration and adoption of KPIs, expectations and measures of success through the Distributor
- Works closely with all members of the field team (peers) to assess progress and make adjustments to business approach as needed
- Creates processes and operating rhythms to manage his/her territory to drive the business forward
- Utilizes all distributor data & insights to drive, own and manage his/her business
- Ensures accurate and timely data reporting on all execution KPIs
Works closely with core cross-functional groups to ensure alignment and superior execution of agreed upontrade strategies. Groups include:Other Territory Account Managers, Finance,TradeMarketing, Supply Chain, etc.
- Creates and evaluates the need for new or improved tools and applications while ensuring maximum use/adoption of sales tools & programs
- Establishes communication protocol and routine with all groups/teams
- Evaluates use of tools and templates and develop appropriate training to ensure distributor adoption
- Collaborates with territory sales teams & distributors to ensure alignment across targets/goals
Bachelors Degree, required
5 + years sales experience required, working with or managing a DSD and/or food service network preferred
2+ years Experience in managing, leading and developing 3rd party distributors, Preferred
Knowledge of and/or experience with direct office independent and/or National Accounts, Preferred
Demonstrated skills as a change agent/entrepreneur, preferred
Proven Analytical Skills in Data Collection & Management
Experienced and Strong Negotiation Skills in both sales and the distributor network, Preferred
Travel 40% >