- Develops and implements shrink reduction strategies and action plans for their coverage region and for individual stores as needed
- Creates and conducts training sessions at the regional, district, and store level to educate and bring awareness to loss prevention and shrink related topics
- Conducts store assessments within assigned area to identify potential shrink related deficiencies and provides recommendations for solutions
- Conducts professional loss prevention investigations and interviews within their coverage area often resulting in team member employment terminations and criminal prosecution
- Manages the target store and high shrink review programs in high shortage stores within the assigned area with the objective and expectation of reducing losses.
- Analyzes data reporting such as point of sale or inventory systems to identify and ultimately resolve shrink related and /or fraudulent activity.
- Conducts store assessments for safety related deficiencies and provides guidance for corrections
- Evaluates worker's compensation and general liability claim history to address training and awareness needs
- Conducts on-site visits to all new store opening locations to ensure loss prevention processes are in place and train new team members on loss prevention concepts
- Evaluates store needs and recommends physical security additions such as closed-circuit television, electronic article surveillance or alarm upgrades as a means to positively impact losses.
May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is highly preferred; 8-10 years multi-unit retail loss prevention and internal investigations experience is preferred; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment
- Strong communication, problem solving, public speaking, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision, work with a sense of urgency, and to prioritize tasks.
- Display a detail-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to positively handle conflict.
- Ability to plan for and travel overnight frequently, up to 75% or more, sometimes on little notice.
- Proficient in professional Interview and Interrogation techniques and have the ability to obtain the advanced certification with Wicklander-Zulawski
- Ability to be “on call” 24/7 to handle emergencies (alarm issues, internal theft cases, disaster response, etc)