Fully responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of claims which are the most complex in coverage and represent the company’s largest damage exposures. The claims could originate anywhere primarily in the mid-west and western United States and often require field consultation, field investigation, all while providing a high level of technical expertise to many professionals throughout the country. Claims include, but are not limited to, high exposure commercial general liability, commercial and personal auto, trucking, class action, international, homeowners and marine. Claims made and occurrence based coverages.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Works with high authority limits on assignments reflecting a very high degree of technical complexity and coordination on a local, regional and national level.
- Possesses a high and extensive level of technical knowledge and skills including product and industry.
- Negotiate settlements, mitigate losses, and control expenses on our company’s largest losses.
- Maintain a high level of communication with leadership.
- Responsible for providing consultation and participation in the development of large claim strategies handled by both independent and staff adjusters.
- Recognized as the company consultant in the field by providing technical guidance, assistance, and training to lower level associates.
- Must possess or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- 7+ years complex claim adjusting experience including coverage interpretation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Higher level degree may be desired.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law.
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Technically savvy with advanced computer skills
- Proficient using claims management systems.