- Is an extended member of the SRE firm-wide leadership team and participates in defining the vision, strategy, and business plans for the firmwide practice
- Is the primary representative for SRE in their region
- Fulfills the firm-wide Regional Market Leader criteria:
- Is a subject matter expert
- Can win new work
- Can lead teams as Principal-in-Charge
- Participates in Market leadership
- Participates in Regional Practice Leadership Group
- Understands the industry, regional client sensitivities, and market drivers
- Participates with other SRE Regional Leaders and Directors of Sports + Recreation + Entertainment in HOK firmwide activities
- Strong communication skills
- Effective collaborator and a good partner
- Ability to periodically/regularly travel
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service
- Provides day-to-day administration of the SRE regional practice
- Is the primary SRE liaison with the regional business unit
- Is responsible the successful execution of the defined practice goals and business plan
- Serves as Principal-In-Charge (PIC) and/or Project Manager on one or more projects
- Responsible for SRE regional projects
- Regularly reports regional status to SRE firmwide leadership team
- Assists in preparing project fee and workload projections
- With the appointed PM, is responsible for regional SRE project performance
- Monitors and maintains an appropriate level of chargeability
- Responsible for the development and execution of the SRE practice’s regional marketing strategy
- Identifies new business opportunities
- Maintains and grows current client relationships
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and prospects
- Participates in regional SRE marketing and business development opportunities, proposals, interviews and presentations
- Develops and maintains positive industry relationships (i.e. with consultants, contractors and jurisdictional/approval agencies) to support HOK’s standing in the regional marketplace
- Assists in preparation of other related marketing, promotional, and press-related materials
- Regularly participates in the SRE industry activities by way of speaking, presenting and/or writing to enhance the SRE practice’s thought leadership
- Serves as mentor/advisor to SRE related regional staff
- Leads SRE input on regional staff performance evaluations, including recommendations for bonus and promotion
- Promotes and supports diversity
- Participates in recruiting of SRE related staff
- Demonstrates significant talent in programming/planning, design development and project leadership for large-scale projects.
- Advanced knowledge of terminal planning and design, airfield and airspace planning, airfield design and landside planning and design.
- Advanced knowledge of transportation infrastructure and facilities design; movement of freight and people.
- Ability to manage the aviation department with a collaborative leadership style which puts value on relationships, both internal and external.
- Ability to think strategically, implements change, enforces policy and resolve conflict.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, budgets.
- Proven ability to prioritize oneself and the work of others in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proven ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with external clients.
- Proven ability to masterfully present, effectively sell and negotiate the services of HOK.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Primavera or MS Project preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of sports and recreation experience, with at least 5 years in a management/leadership role.
- Published and/or award winning projects a plus.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.