Regional Key Account Director - Heavy / Commercial Vehicle
8 - 10 years experience • Automotive
The Nantais Group specializes in placing "high performing" management and executives in many different industries. We are consistently recognized as a "performance leader" and employ a very unique "Six Sigma recruiting approach" that delivers "best in class" metrics.
The Nantais Group has been exclusively retained by our Client a recognized “Global Leader” in the Automotive and Commercial Vehicle industry with a history of strong growth and performance. They are seeking a Regional Key Account Director – Heavy/Commercial Vehicle located ideally near Portland, OR but may live close to a major airport and travel to the customer. This is an “Outstanding Company” that “Rewards High Performance” and offers “Excellent Career Growth”.
This position is responsible managing all aspects of the North American customer relationship, defining and implementing strategic customer account initiatives, resulting in business performances which are aligned to the company’s targets.
Additionally, participate as a member of the global account team ensuring alignment of the region to the overall global customer strategy.
- Establishes and maintains strong regional customer relationship at all levels within the customer’s organization including the senior levels of the division, specifically with the General Manager and his/her staff, sales, marketing, key dealers, brand specific fleets and the Fleet Sales team.
- Provide the Voice of the Customer within product teams and adequately represent company to the Customer in a professional, superior manner.
- Lead the development of price proposals to the customer and requests for quotes or proposals.
- Participates in price and contract negotiations for selected product segments including coordination with P&L responsible Departments and Business Units.
- Work closely with the Fleet Sales team to develop strategies for fleets’ awareness of product content at the customer.
- Coordinate Sales and Marketing events on behalf of the company for the Truck Brand.
- Plays an active role in defining, developing and implementing the customer strategies for North America based on interaction with Product Line Directors and the Account Team.
- Responsible for preparing regional (North American) customer strategy as per defined by global guidelines to include regional pricing strategy, and competitor analysis and overview.
- Supports and drives the acquisition of new business for selected product fields.
- Participation in the analysis of customer structure and portfolio
- Cross departmental coordination of customized tasks.
- Participation in Sales Projects.
- Participation in creation of customer budgets including coordination with Controlling.
- Helps develop short and long term sales plans via the Sales Planning Process.
- Represent the company in end-user customer interactions that impact commercial aspects including sales agreements.
- Support the monitoring, tracking and the communication as needed as it relates to product development and product launches.
- Working knowledge of all areas in the transportation industry including Suppliers, OE, Fleets, Original Equipment Service (OES), independent distributionchannels, etc.
- Working knowledge of the operation, design and application of air brake, foundation brake systems and safety systems related to the heavy duty truck market preferred.
- Extensive competence in customer service, customer relationship management, sub-project responsibility and conflict management.
- Solid knowledge of marketing strategies.
- Possess basic knowledge of Department ofTransportation (DOT) regulations and rulemaking.
- Technical competency of related heavy duty commercial vehicle product portfolio. (i.e. powertrain, transmission, steering, driveline, braking).
- Customer first attitude, driven to build and prioritize customer relationships throughout the customer’s organization and within the organization.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to develop creative solutions that address customer needs.
- Entrepreneurial thinking – must be able to partner with the internal product teams and the customer to develop an actionable strategic plan and making it operational.
- Ability to understand and conduct market analysis and develop business strategies.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker for both short-term and long-term wins.
- Strong professional presence, capable of influencing through interactions and follow-up.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- Must be capability of building and utilizing a strong network, team player and wiliness to work in a matrixed organization
- Capable of building and delivering professional presentations
- Ability to learn a lot quickly in a short amount of time.
- Must maintain an organized work area from a home office that allows for quick and efficient responses to the customer needs.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in account management within the heavy vehicle industry required. (i.e. OEM, OES, Fleet, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with heavy vehicle system (i.e. powertrain, transmission, steering, driveline, braking) salesexperience at a heavy vehicle OEM desired.
- Daimler Truck account management experience is a plus.
- Willing to travel overnight an average of 30% including some international travel.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering required; MBA a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required. Preferably able to speak, read and write in German.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint a must.