Responsibilities of the Regional HR Manager will include and are not limited to talent acquisition/management, employee relations, performance management, coaching, planning, policy and procedure compliance, compensation, and training for multiple sites to meet strategic HR and company objectives. Primary focus is on full range strategic HR support to Business Segment VP’s, Directors Managers and Supervisors.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters.
- Conducts continuous needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Highly impactful in providing guidance, and interpretation on all matters, both strategic and tactical, relating to employee relations and talent management to all sites within the region
- Act as a business partner by developing and implementing staffing, employee engagement, training and communication strategies
- Serves as a catalyst and a conduit between corporate headquarters and the field to evaluate, develop, train, communicate and implement HR programs and initiatives
- Provides employee relations support to site management and employees to ensure complaints, discipline, performance management and corrective action procedures are handled in a fair, consistent and legally compliant manner.
- Responsible for Company compliance with State and Federal legislation pertaining to all personnel matters. Provides guidance and consultative services to management to ensure compliance.
- Assist Corporate HR in the annual review, preparation and administration of the compensation program; provide research, analyzes wage ranges and compensation rates to make recommendations; maintains and updates job descriptions as needed.
- Evaluates or reviews evaluation of performance on all employees; effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions of all assigned personnel.
- Responsible for the development and the coordination of the recruitment, selection, and staffing process of all exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Provides direction and supervises the staff of the HR Department or personnel at each of the facilities that participate in the processing of HR programs and paperwork.
- Acts as legal consultant/liaison on labor or personnel issues to management or consults with Corporate HR and legal counsel when deemed necessary.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as directed by Corporate HR.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required, Master’s Degree a plus.
- PHR or SPHR designation will receive consideration but is not required.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated progression in human resources, preferably in manufacturing with multi-site/state responsibility.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team of HR Generalists.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees, as well as external customers.
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism and demonstrate high standards of ethics/integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent process and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong people skills at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills: highly proficient in Microsoft applications: Power Point, Excel and Word
- Effective negotiation abilities
- Ability to communicate with and influence employees and management at all levels.
- Take charge individual with lots of energy and clear sense of urgency.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change.