Summary: The Chefs' Warehouse West Coast, LLC is looking for an energetic, organized, and knowledgeable Human Resources Manager to administer all HR activities and responsibilities for our Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, BC, Edmonton, Calgary, and Toronto locations. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that offers room for growth and development. The position is based in Portland, OR, and will require periodic travel.
- Act as a strategic Business Partner with leadership and management teams; identify opportunities for improvement to support the achievement of overall company values and objectives.
- Support corporate HR policies, processes, and systems; provide guidance to management to ensure ongoing policy and procedure interpretation and compliance.
- Effectively manage employee relations issues and counsel management on various employee relations topics.
- Provide support and be the resource for general information to employees regarding company policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations regarding employee relation issues, and work with management to provide recommendations for implementing discipline and maintaining adequate documentation in order to remain compliant with labor laws.
- Maintain required employee record keeping, reporting tools, performance reviews, talent management, and recruitment tracking through ADP Vantage and ADP Pay at Work.
- Ensure comprehensive delivery of benefit programs in partnership with corporate benefits department.
- Provide recruiting support, guidance, and hiring recommendations for management with an emphasis on employee retention.
- Manage workers' compensationclaims, FMLA, and other leaves of absence, return to work documents, all onboardingprocesses, and employee files.
- Assist with HR corporate projects and initiatives as requested by CHRO.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum five years of progressive experience as a Human Resources Manager or Generalist
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel. ADP Vantage experience a plus
- Expert knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal, State, and Provincial employment laws
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with managers at all levels
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and discretion to deal with a variety of inquiries from managers and employees
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual