Regional Human Resources Development Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Transportation Services
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently looking for a Regional- HRD Manager to join our OD Family Culture. The Regional HRD Manager leads the Human Resources/Development function for their region by providing guidance for employee relations, ensuring consistent policy and procedure application, including progressive discipline, problem resolution, and on-boarding to maximize employee engagement. They directly manage Service Center HR Managers at large break bulk centers to ensure a consistent application of HR policies and procedures and reports to the Director of HR Development.
- Provide guidance for employee relations, ensuring consistent policy and procedure application, including progressive discipline, problem resolution, and on-boarding to maximize employee engagement.
- Directly manage Service Center HR Managers at large break bulk centers to ensure a consistent application of HR policies and procedures.
- Effectively guide day-to-day decisions about employees and foster behaviors which are consistent with OD’s values and service excellence expectations.
- Oversee the In-depth Reviews process within assigned region as necessary and partner with management on proposed action planning.
- Will assist Regional VP’s with succession planning for leadership roles.
- Proactively monitor and be immersed in employee/labor relations, ensure effective communication with employees and enhance management-employee interaction in an effort to maintain positive employee relations.
- Develop and prepare class materials and leadership webinars to teach as assigned at the corporate office and in the field.
- Uses the company internal employee relations website to stay up to date.
- Train the trainer at Service Centers located throughout the US.
- Research web based and live training courses for OD to use.
- Write reports and distribute Data Company wide.
- Assist Corporate HR benefits, leave of absence, and compensation groups with implementation of programs as needed.
- Monitor and assess local and state employment legislation/regulations, determine potential impact and recommend/implement actions to ensure compliance.
- Identifies issues and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of human resources functions in order to positively impact the corporate vision, goals and the overall business strategy.
- Provides counsel and leadership in human resources decisions, procedures and programs, act as a liaison for feedback and communication between Corporate Human Resources and Regional Ops Management team
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Manager/Generalist.
- Will consider equivalent level of operational leadership experience with potential to acquire skillsets of HR management
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law.
- Experience successfully supporting operations in a multi-state/multi-site work environment is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and coaching skills and abilities including creative problem solving and sound decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer literacy with MS Office
- Experience in labor relations in the transportation industry and knowledge of DOT regulations is preferred.