Regional Human Resources Business Partner
The Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Regional HRBP) is responsible for aligning strategic business objectives, employees, and management for designated member banks/affiliates. This position serves as a consultant to leaders and managers on HR related issues and assists to formulate, implement, lead and manage the people management agendas which support strategic business objectives. The Regional HRBP is a member of the management team of the designated member banks/affiliates and actively advocates and implements HR best practices. This position maintains an effective level of business literacy about the member banks/affiliates’ employees, business plans and processes, financial position, culture and external competitor and customer trends.
**This position may be located in Madison, Rockford or Minnetonka.**
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as a business partner/trusted advisor to proactively lead the delivery of HR processes and policy interpretation for the designated member banks/affiliates. This includes actively identifying gaps, and proposing/implementing HR changes necessary to manage risk, performance, and the achievement of objectives for the business.
2. Works closely with senior management to define and execute HR initiatives that support the strategy of the business that enables overall alignment and growth of the business.
3. Maintains an effective level of business literacy, market and trends. Keeps abreast of industry and HR related trends and issues.
4. Influences the Heartland culture through demonstrated values and cultural norms. Acts as the performance driver and provokes positive changes in people management.
5. Provides change leadership and organizational transformation leadership.
6. Acts as the primary point of HR contact for the employees and managers of the designated member banks/affiliates. Addresses the most complex employee relations issues at employee, management and senior management levels.
7. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
8. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and engagement as well as, increase productivity and retention.
9. Drives talent strategy which supports the business strategy and growth. Proactively identifies talent needs and strategies, and works with assigned recruiter to successfully identify and hire talent.
10. Ensures various HR operating mechanisms (employee survey, employee recognition activities, organization and talent reviews, annual merit, annual performance management, etc.) are effectively addressing key business issues. Provides input on or champions change to HR operating mechanisms to ensure relevancy and efficiency.
11. Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations and formal complaints to determine action needed to enhance favorable business performance. Provides reporting and analytics on HR measurables for assigned banks/affiliates.
12. Identifies needs and provides guidance in the preparation of development plans for the key employees and high potential employees. Enables succession planning with management and assures the effectiveness of career path and talent recognition programs to achieve business strategies in cooperation with Heartland Talent management team.
13. Builds strong relationships with Bank and Business Line leaders and Heartland Human Resources.
14. Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions).
15. Partners with Talent Development to monitor, manage, and deliver training on selected topics for employees and managers.
16. Mentors HR Coordinators and Recruiters on HR topics and best practices by providing professional expertise as a subject matter expert when requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities
1. Directly supervises the HR Regional Coordinator and a dotted line to the HR Regional Recruiter.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degree in related discipline a plus.
2. 10+ years of HR management experience; 5+ at strategic level.
3. Proven experience resolving complex HR related employee issues.
4. Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
5. Strong knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including compensation practices, recruiting, employee relations, performance management, talent management and state laws.
6. Excellent relationship management, teamworking, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with staff at all levels.
8. Proactive, self-directed, and motivated.
9. Project and change management skills.
10. Strong business acumen and analytical skills. Financial industry experience a plus.
11. Strong time management and priorities management skills.
1. HRCI SPHR or SHRM –SCP preferred.