Founded in 1982, Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. is one of the leading North American salvage auto auctions. We have exclusive focus on the automotive total-loss industry and over 150 corporate owned facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide Sellers and Buyers with the best solution to process and acquire total-loss, recovered-theft, fleet lease, dealer trade-in and collision damaged rental vehicles.
(The role can be remote, however must be located inTexas.)
IAA is searching for an experienced Regional HR Manager to join the Human Resources team. This is responsible for providing HR guidance to assigned business within a multi-state/multisite region. This position partners with the business to manage a variety of Human Resource issues including policy interpretation, leave of absence, workers compensation, employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, unemployment claims, safety and terminations.
Key responsibilities are:
- Coach and counsel management with regards to employee relation issues.
- Pro-active communication with field management regarding labor law
- Develop training programs in short one-hour formats to be presented at regional meetings that would cover a wide spectrum of human resource issues and changes in employment and labor law.
- Participate in regional meetings.
- Effectively coach and counsel employees on issues.
- Participate in disciplinary action and performance improvement plans.
- Develop and coordinate training for new management personnel.
- Administration of merit rating program to include reviewing changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy.
- Develop and implement Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provide support for recruitment of Branch Managers, Area Manager, and Regional Staff
- Coordinate service award program and new hire orientations programs
- Review Personnel Action Requests for appropriateness and adherence to policies.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge of employment and labor laws
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- 5 – 8 years of progressive human resource experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel 25 – 30% of the time.