- Baker Distributing Co LLC is a national distributor of air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration (?HVAC/R?) equipment, parts and supplies for residential, commercial and marine applications.
- Baker offers customers a wide range of HVAC/R product lines, competitive pricing, superior customer service and valuable, timesaving services that positions.
- With over 215locations in 22 states, Baker operates primarily in the business to business environment where its products are sold through licensed dealers and contractors in their respective markets.
- The Regional Human Resources Manager position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business divisions.
- The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues.
- The successful RHRM acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- The role includes recruiting, sourcing and talent development, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs.
- Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the RHRM seeks to develop integrated solutions aligned with best practices.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The RHRM maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business divisions.
- Acts as a true ?Generalist? with responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on local market to drive candidate pipeline and recruit talented employees.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of HR legal requirements related to State and Federal laws related to their assigned regions, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to employees and managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Responds to unemployment claims and represent the Company at unemployment hearings
- Provides guidance on workforce planning and succession planning for divisions
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources (Required)
- Bachelor?s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline (Required)
- SPHR or PHR certification (Preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in high volume staffing and recruiting (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships to gain support and achieve results.
- Professional presence and strong customer service attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office ? Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- 1+ year(s) of experience with ADP and KRONOS (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- ADP and KRONOS: 1 year
- California HR: 2 years
- progressive human resources: 4 years
- high volume staffing and recruiting: 3 years
Required license or certification: