This position is responsible for successfully executing, planning and implementing both tactical and strategic HR and Talent Management processes and initiatives across the West Region. The position will report directly to the West Region President and functionally to the Vice-President of Human Resources for Oldcastle APG. The region is comprised of 4 business units throughout the West (WA/OR/CA/AZ/NV/UT/CO) with a total of 16 manufacturing sites with approximately 900 employees. The location preference for the position is Phoenix, AZ.
- HR Partner - partner with the Regional President, Company Presidents, General Managers, HR Managers and other Company leadership staff (i.e. Site Managers, VPs) to drive and execute the overall HR and Talent management strategies across the businesses. Must have great internal customer focus and collaborative style
- Recruiting - workforce planning/development across region. Supporting local, regional and national recruiting and succession efforts
- Retention - assist General Managers and HR professionals with performance management and employee development programs. Create an environment that supports our desire to be the “employer of choice” throughout the industry and the communities where we work and live.
- Training/Coaching - develop regional training programs to ensure employees and organizational needs are being met. Foster mentoring skills to create a culture of growth and development within the business and region
- People Development - partnering withGeneral Managers and the Regional President on people development initiatives; developing strong present and future leadership talent within region
- Employment Practices - ensure effective management processes and procedures that supports not only the letter of the law but the spirit of the law.
- Employee / Labor Relations - provide employee relations guidance and support to the East Region businesses to ensure an optimal environment exists for employees to perform at their best. Ensure legal compliance and consistency in the handling of employee matters. This may include, promotions, performance issues, terminations/disciplinary actions, layoffs/RIFs, EEO complaints/lawsuits, assist in union contract negotiations; identifying issues within facilities and proactively address them
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 8 plus years of progressive Human Resources responsibility / experience
- 5 plus years of Human Resources management experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Experience in multi-unit operations
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Master's degree, Professional certification and collective bargaining experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus.