Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
This position is responsible for successfully executing, planning and implementing both tactical and strategic HR and Talent Management processes and initiatives across the Central Region. The position will report directly to the Central Region President and functionally to the Vice-President of Human Resources for Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. The region is comprised of three (3) operating companies that spans across 17+ states with approximately 34 locations and 500 employees.
- HR Partner – partner with the Regional President, Company Presidents, General Managers, HR Managers and other Company leadership staff (i.e. Site Managers, VPs) to drive and execute the overall HR and Talent management strategies across the businesses. Must have great internal customer focus and collaborative style
- Recruiting- workforce planning/development across region. Supporting local, regional and national recruiting and succession efforts
- Retention – assist General Managers and HR professionals with performance management and employee development programs. Create an environment that supports our desire to be the “employer of choice” throughout the industry and the communities where we work and live.
- Training/Coaching – develop regional training programs to ensure employees and organizational needs are being met. Foster mentoring skills to create a culture of growth and development within the business and region
- People Development - partnering withGeneral Managers and the Regional President on people development initiatives; developing strong present and future leadership talent within region
- Employment Practices - ensure effective management processes and procedures that supports not only the letter of the law but the spirit of the law.
- Employee / Labor Relations - provide employee relations guidance and support to the East Region businesses to ensure an optimal environment exists for employees to perform at their best. Ensure legal compliance and consistency in the handling of employee matters. This may include, promotions, performance issues, terminations/disciplinary actions, layoffs/RIFs, EEO complaints/lawsuits, assist in union contract negotiations; identifying issues within facilities and proactively address them
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 8 plus years of progressive Human Resources responsibility / experience
- 5 plus years of Human Resources management experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Experience in multi-unit operations
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Master's degree, Professional certification and collective bargaining experience a plus.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Job ID: 144972