Duties & Responsibilities
- Foster a partnership with business clients (middle and senior management) through engagement and collaboration, serving in a consultative and solutions orientated advisor role; including participation in routine business unit/departmental meetings. Strives to improve work relationships, employee morale, effective productivity and employee engagement and retention. Strengthen business acumen for assigned departments to speak their language of business.
- Manages and resolves various types of employee relations issues. Conducts effective, non-bias, thorough investigations. May require partnering with legal and other subject matter experts.
- Contribute to client objective setting regarding human capital management throughout the entire business planning and implementation cycle. Be highly responsive and consultative with clients on a wide array of HR related matters. Schedule monthly and quarterly checkpoints with Managers to discuss various goals and challenges facing their business from a human capital management perspective.
- Attend client leadership meetings/off-sites/planning sessions and provide HR thought leadership and guidance on business matters.
- Provide leadership to manage client needs and serve as central point of contact with various HR related resources such as Recruiting, Compensation, Talent Management & Development, Workforce Analytics, Benefits/Wellness & Employment Law. Engage with HR colleagues who support the clients locally.
- Provide direction and influence to support the business as it builds and strengthens succession bench strength and leadership capability specifically making recommendations as to where employees fall into the succession planning categories. Provide support related to talent practices that the business is accountable for such as talent reviews, performance management and succession planning. Identifies training needs for the business and individuals. Provides follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Conduct project management of human capital initiatives across HRBC team.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent HR related laws and regulations; including guidance and interpretation related to corporate policy.
- Assist new managers with orientation and manager assimilation exercise.
- May oversee the administration of other HR programs such as unemployment cost control, medical leaves, and accommodations across the company.
- May oversee certain terminal duties such as English tests, personal property, and random drug tests.
- Travel to dedicated and terminal locations at a minimum of bi-monthly and once a year. Travel could be up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelordegree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experiencerequired. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a progressive Human Resources generalist role required; experience in multiple facets of HRpreferred (e.g. Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, etc.). Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills; with the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Effective communication skills that demonstrates sound judgment and thoughtful decision making; with the ability to influence, persuade, negotiate and drive change with client groups.
- Organized and effective project management with attention to detail.
- Ability to convey HR vision/strategy alignment to business strategy as a context for decision-making.