The Health Information Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the functions of Clinical Information Management Services.
• Credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in the management of behavioral health clinical records across all levels of care including, but not limited to i.e.; acute & subacute inpatient, skilled nursing and community programs in the past 5 years
• Knowledge of Federal and State Regulatory and Accreditations Requirements, (HIPAA, CMIA, LPS, OBRA, CARF)
• Working knowledge of OSHPD state reporting requirements
• Experience in small to mid-size hospitals/facilities preferred experience in quality management and education
• Working knowledge of ICD-10CM, DSM IV & IV, CPT
• Knowledge of various EHR and Hybrid Record Systems and Conversions.
• Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Consulting experience in all aspects of HIM Management
• Knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications in addition to database applications and report writing
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assist in the coordination of HIM services across the integrated Telecare Healthcare System through oversight, leadership, training and support of the Health Information Clerks and Coordinators.
• Assist in the implementation and support of all Facility & Program HIM activities.
• Provide support to assigned HIM Departments at the Facility/Program and program level for department operations, quality reporting, regulatory compliance, EHR application support and HIM startup implementations
• Assist in the development and implementation of policy & procedures governing health information and medical records to ensure compliance with applicable specific federal, state regulatory and accreditation standards
• Manage assigned facility/program priorities independently and develop project plans and timetables commensurate with each assignment and provide timely reporting of outcomes.
• Assist in the development of tools, resources, and databases to accurately capture and interpret key metrics and data for quality reporting.
• Assist in the collection and interpretation of relevant data; maintain tools and databases; and generate standard reports and key metrics for Facility/Programs assigned
• Assists in the preparation of reports for both program and corporate committees on matters concerning or related to the operations of the Clinical Information Management Services.
• Monitor Facility/Program and program deliverables, exception reports, and operational obligations on a consistent basis
• Support HIM Compliance, Privacy and Quality Programs throughout the organization,
• Member of the Corporate Health Information Management and Quality Committee
• If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Strong leadership; organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint and Outlook as well as experience in multiple billing platforms
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, twist, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach and bend. Simple grasping occasionally and to constantly sit. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.