Sub-department: Office Location: Miami - Regional HO, FL (MIA_REG) Travel Required: No Selection Start Date: The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide. We are looking to hire a Regional Head of Solutions Delivery to…ensure that the organization and underlying processes are implemented to operate solutions business, and to improve the overall operational performance in the form of enhanced capabilities, systemic integrations and overall efficiency gains year on year with the underlying operational delivery organizations and in line with the customer objectives.
The primary focus for this individual is on:
* Assuring consistent delivery of solutions for the underlying customers including operational and systemic delivery in collaboration with the Supply Chain Solutions Design & Engineering team
* Managed of the Customer specific operational management teams (OAM, OKAM & Performance Management) within the region assuring targets and expectations are aligned with customer expectations
* Further developing, establishing and promoting control tower concepts following the established SC3 strategy and service offering
* Sell, implement and lead customer dedicated Supply Chain Control Center(s) in region to achieve defined budget targets and establish efficiency gains
* Assure all solutions delivery concepts are built in the most cost efficient and highly productive operational environment when considering front (BU) and back (GBS) office engagement.
Success in this role requires close collaboration with the Regional Supply Chain Solutions team, the involved country and Regional product structures, as-well as a close interaction with other functions such as BIM and IT. The role is expected to provide the necessary expert level guidance on Order Management, Freight Management, Buyers Consolidation and Control Tower services with keen understanding of business implementation concepts and operations, being a ‘light house’ for the rest of the organization. Responsibilities
Commercial Support (New and Existing Opportunities
* Support the account development process by providing operational expertise as required to validated Panalpina’s capabilities in operational delivery and design
* Actively support the development and execution of the SC3 strategy in alignment with GHoSCS
* Ensure appropriate project implementation and I.T. budget and resources are available, and included in the commercial offer through the establishment and approval of a business case on each opportunity
* Review current business- and operational models, identify and develop up-sell opportunities for improved EBIT, service experience and productivity
* Support business review meetings with key customer to monitor supply chain performance and ensure continuous improvement initiatives are addressed.
* Lead advanced IT / Service optimizations, improving service quality, productivity, EBIT
* Measure service performance KPIs and install corrective actions with the OAM team
* Oversee the management of Supply Chain Control Centers with the goal to reduce customer´s transportation spend by continuous transport planning activities such as dynamic optimization of routing, consolidation and transport modes
* Optimize the utilization of visibility application in combination with core systems (FOS, Seawarder & SAP TM), installing an integrated and efficient operational process
* Ensure that operational requirements are integrated in the transport optimization system according to customer business rules to enable realization of defined optimization targets
* Manage the regional Supply Chain Control Center Team with the objective to further develop, gain and implement LLP business for Panalpina.
* Define, install and measure OPS KPIs, introduce corrective actions
* Provide conceptual guidance and ensure ongoing maintenance of business rules and requirements, system enhancements and structural alignment of Supply Chain Control Center organization via operational team at Global Business Services.
* Support areas in improving the OPS execution for solutions business including evaluation of capabilities to be off shored in existing service center network
* Mentor, Manage and Coach Operational Account Managers (OAMs), Performance Managers and Operational Key Account Managers (OKAMs) assuring objectives are met in alignment with clients being managed expectations
* Establish and promote a continuous improvement methodology within the operational management side to enable proactive identification of internal (PA) and external (customer) opportunities
Profound knowledge of
* Process engineering and improvement methodologies
* Continuous improvement programs
* Process management
* Quality management
Good knowledge of
* Project Management
* Forwarding and Supply Chain Management Systems
* Control Tower, LLP and/or 4PL solutions
* Supply Chain Management and logistics
* Freight forwarding operations
* PA application architecture and dataflow
* Global SCM market (customers, competitors, suppliers, overall environment)
* NVOCC operations, including applicable rules
* Local laws and regulations