- Lead a team of senior Professional Indemnity (PI) underwriters / (senior) team leads to underwrite profitable new and renewal business in the areas of Agents E&O, Lawyers Professional (LPL) Accountants Professional (APL), Miscellaneous Professional (MPL) and Architect & Engineers E&O (A&E) to meet LoB targets regionally and/or globally
- Negotiation of participation, pricing, and terms and conditions for large/critical clients
- Ownership of large/critical accounts / clients and ultimate responsibility for accounts within team
- Lead and manage senior team, training and development of team and referral point for other underwriters
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and clients
Manage Team of Underwriters
- Delegate tasks to team in order to achieve overall results
- Manage/supervise team client accounts and act as point of referral and/or escalation for issues
- Manage cost center budget within plan
- Typically managing Senior UWs / (Senior) Team Leads
- Underwriting Strategy & Leadership
- Contribute to development and execution of regional Underwriting strategy for LoB
- Manage referrals from underwriters and spokes and re-underwrite complex business as appropriate
- May be responsible for particular sub-LoB or area within regional team and to act as a "champion" for any matters relating to it
- Underwrite Profitable business
- Underwrite large/critical new and renewal accounts to meet top and bottom line targets (regional and/or global)
- Negotiate participation, pricing, and terms and conditions with brokers; proactively manage capacity
- Underwrite and evaluate Natural Catastrophe Accumulation, ensuring an understanding of catastrophe modelling and interpretation of scenarios (for relevant LoBs)
- Underwrite International Insurance Programs (for relevant LoBs)
- Specialized in a particular area
- Underwriting Approach and Compliance
- Underwrite in line with LoB governance framework - e.g. Underwriting Authorities, global MSU, Underwriting Guidelines, Rules and Principles
- Ensure contract certainty is achieved on all accounts at time of inception
- Ensure utilization of global pricing tools
- Ensure placing and binding of FAC Reinsurance prior to policy inception
- Market Management
- Proactively drive acquisition of new business and retention of existing business (including client and broker negotiations where necessary)
- Proactively liaise with MMC on market management initiatives
- Relationship Management
- Positively represent AGCS externally to the market
- Proactively drive involvement of functional areas in Underwriting process, including e.g. MMC, ARC, Claims, Operations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key brokers and clients and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. risk managers)
- Significant experience in underwriting profitable business in LoB; expert understanding of LoB products and portfolio (11 + years)
- Expert understanding of regional / local LoB insurance markets and competitor landscape (11 + years)
- Expert understanding of legal and regulatory framework (7 - 10 years)
- Significant experience working in a complex global matrix organization leading a team of professionals (7 - 10 years)
- Ability to assess risk inherent exposures and natural hazards relevant to LoB
- Analyze current performance against benchmarks applying how the market operates and functions, the business needs and customer needs
- Design, develop and implement consistent, robust wordings
- Robust understanding of policy administration life cycle, information collection, policy issuance, premium bookings, credit control, cancellation
- Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally; ability to "sell" an improvised or prepared audience-winning story
- Ability to persuade and motivate others to act, without executive authority
- Ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail; identify and resolve issues before they transpire
- Ability to lead and manage a team of underwriters; includes the ability to delegate tasks, steer team direction/goals, etc.
Disclaimer - Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience and includes a comprehensive best in class benefits package. Any salary or benefits information provided by third party resources such as external job posting websites etc., cannot be deemed reliable.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 100 million private and corporate customers and more than 147,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business.
Our customers are as diverse as business can be, ranging from Fortune Global 500 companies to small businesses, and private individuals. Among them are not only the world’s largest consumer brands, tech companies and the global aviation and shipping industry, but also wineries, satellite operators or Hollywood film productions. They all look to AGCS for smart answers to their largest and most complex risks in a dynamic, multinational business environment and trust us to deliver an outstanding claims experience.
Worldwide, AGCS operates with its own teams in 32 countries and through the Allianz Group network and partners in over 200 countries and territories, employing over 4,300 people. As one of the largest Property-Casualty units of Allianz Group, we are backed by strong and stable financial ratings. In 2019, AGCS generated a total of €9.1 billion gross premium globally.