As a member of the Talent Management Team, you will be responsible for creating and directing HR functions and/or programs for Wayfair's Western US operations. You will maintain and enhance the Human Resources department by helping shape our road map to scale our operations in efficiency, organizational design planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary. To be successful in this role, candidates should have a good knowledge of labor regulations and experience with managing complex employee relations issues.
What You'll Do
- Virtually manage a remote team of up to 7 direct reports and 1200 (and rapidly growing) employees across multiple locations up and down the east coast.
- Drives initiatives focusing in the areas of global orientation, employee onboarding at all levels, strategic planning and employee relations driving improvement and efficiency in our processes and policies across the organization.
- Own and launch company-wide initiatives and programs.
- Partner with leaders in the sales and operations business unit as we expand domestically and internationally.
- Innovate as we create wellness and engagement programs, to manage costs appropriately.
- Streamline our approach to handling employee relations issues across the organization; act as a resource and sounding board for managers dealing with employee relations challenges, and leave requests under the FMLA and ADA.
- Partner with our Facilities team to ensure employee satisfaction with all aspects of our work space.
- Build and develop a strong team that can support the business and think strategically as we grow.
- Modify corporate programs and processes to ensure relevancy with the frontline staff we support.
- Ability to travel regularly - this will vary depending on site openings and growth of existing sites in the region up to 70%.
What You'll Need
- At least 8+ years of HR management experience and experience in a large, international and high-growth technology company preferred.
- Track record of defining and leading a high-impact talent function within a global, evolving organization.
- Conceptual understanding of employment laws and policies, particularly in the US.
- A solution-oriented approach and a strong understanding of how to enable an organization to succeed through talent.
- High degree of business acumen, analytical capability and an ability to adapt to continuous change.
- BA/BS degree, Master's degree considered a plus or relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Experience managing the HR function across multiple locations.
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics.