Regional Growth Manager
The Regional Growth Manager (RGM) reports to and supports the General Manager and is responsible for all sales, retention, customer service, marketing and net customer growth in the region. The RGM analyzes the competitive environment and new business opportunities for each CSC to develop and promote profitable customer growth and customer retention strategies. The RSM has direct management responsibility for Territory Sales Representatives and Key Account Manager, and a dotted line management responsibility for Customer Service Center Managers and regional employees as it relates to growth and retention.
- Established sales and marketingexperience with effective leadership skills.
- Has a proven track record of sales and/or marketing success.
- Demonstrated success in building highly effective teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Team Results - Responsible for the leadership and development of all Territory Sales Reps and Key Account Managers within their region. This includes hiring, training, coaching, setting sales targets, evaluating performance, and terminations. Evaluates sales skills of each Territory Sales Reps and Key Account Managers and coaches for maximum effectiveness.
- Customer Growth - Direct responsibility for the development and execution of customer growth and retention strategies for assigned region. Develops and monitors territory sales and marketing plans for assigned areas. Designs and executes regional level sales plans, sets targets and communicates expectations.
- Marketing - Responsible for initiating, promoting, implementing and monitoring local marketing programs within their region. Serves as a resource for Customer Service Center Manager with third party vendors and/or corporate marketing on creative development for local advertising and promotion.
- Pricing – Develops and manages pricing strategies and provides guidance to the Territory Sales Representatives and Customer Service Center Managers to maximize income and customer growth based on local competitive environment.
- Communications - Utilizes Sales Activity and Sales Performance reports to track and communicate results and actions required with Customer Service Center Manager and General Manager.
- Customer Relations - Collaborates with the General Manager in creating a strategy to assist CSC managers in building and maintaining relationships with high value customers.
- Customer Service - Keeps current on customer service metrics for assigned region and supports the GM/CSCM in developing and maintaining a customer service culture dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Business/Market Knowledge - Understands operations and keeps current on the propane industry, customer demographics and the competitive environment in their assigned region in order to drive marketplace opportunities, mitigate risks and maximize total profit.
- Business Partner - Monitors Customer Service Center’s ability to execute growth plan and service new customers. Provides decisional support to the Customer Service Center Manger/General Manager on staffing to budget, staff selection, budgeting, focus on growth, appropriate inventory levels and other operational issues impacting growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Position requires demonstrated sales, analytical, communication, and coaching skills.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to manage the sales process and maintain Sales Force database.
Education and Experience Required:
- Degree in Business or equivalent experiencerequired.
- 5+ years marketing and sales management experience in commercial and/or residential sales.
- Familiarity with propane distribution industry (or similar industry), distribution operations, sales operations, marketing, business analysis and financial profit and loss experience strongly desired.
- Individual must have successful sales and marketing track record.
Supervision of Others:
- Shared responsibility for coaching CSCMs and other Customer Service Center employees on growth activities.
- Direct responsibility for Sales Team.
Apply today for immediate consideration!