Regional Group Sales Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Job Description At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Regional Manager for Group sales. This person will be responsible and accountable for profitable and persistent sales results of Group Dental and Eye Care insurance and ASO contracts to grow blocks of business by state.
This position supports the profitable growth of in force lives by a minimum of 15% per year through personal efforts and leadership of others in the assigned state. The growth is achieved through excellent sales leadership and improved persistency of business, increased profits for the assigned block for which the incumbent is responsible by a minimum of 15% per year, work within assigned budget for all areas of responsibility, including the coaching, mentoring, and development of staff to meet growth objectives, working closely with the RVP and State Managers to contribute tactically and strategically at corporate assigned planning meetings.
This position requires superior sales performance with mentoring leadership characteristics to develop human potential in other sales associates. This position places the appropriate accountability for top and bottom line responsibility closest to the sales associates responsible for generating the sales Essential Functions:
- Build Sales Plan with activity to meet the assigned goals;
- Build actionable persistency plan and manage results with sales support, FCRM, UW and National Accounts
- Build plan to improve profit of state aggregate block
- Build mentoring plan for staff to leverage investment in associates to build customer loyalty;
- Review top-line and bottom-line results quarterly and develop action plan to implement for results improvement on sales, persistency, profit, UW results, and mentoring.
- The Regional Manager acts as a liaison between the field and the Home Office, and interacts at all levels within the companies, thus effective leadership and people skills are required to meet goals established for sales and other departments. The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining good relations with local civic and professional organizations in developing and maintaining business and community relations.
- Needs a minimum of 3 years of proven sales and industry experience, as well as creativity and superior problem solving skills
- Strong aptitude for sales, leadership and coaching, and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Business acumen -- including budgets, expense management, and unit cost improvements.
- College Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations are a plus