To develop, implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont Goldcorp's procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain and specifically for goods and service-oriented categories and contracts across the South America region the Lifecycle Procurement and Contract Management program while being the business process expert for the stage gate process
Sourcing and Procurement Strategy
- Develop and execute regional sourcing and procurement strategy for sites, regional operations, exploration in order to achieve successful execution of budget plans and investment via the procurement lifecycle.
- Develop, implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont Goldcorp's procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain and specifically for goods and service-oriented categories and contracts across the region.
- Develop sourcing and procurement vision for the region in alignment with Corporate and Regional objectives and builds strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Enhance Newmont's overall procurement capability through continuous improvement and development of the organization.
Regional Category Management
- Own the Regional Sourcing and Procurement Portfolio.
- Drive the execution of the categories within the portfolio.
- Validate and record all savings and cost avoidance.
- Drive alignment with transactional procurement to ensure consistent use of Newmont Goldcorp procurement standards.
- Develop capability for end users regarding regional category management.
- Accountable for the execution of Lifecycle procurement and contract management process.
- Provide active leadership and support across the region to enable effective team performance.
- Lead the team of contracts managers and contract administrators in executing the strategy
- Identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
- Have direct people management responsibility for all sourcing and procurement personnel in the region excluding the Local-Local team.
- Champion knowledge sharing across team and ensuring SC team continues to develop and consistently implement best in class tools and techniques.
- Practice appropriate leadership and management disciplines with indirect reports to achieve Business goals.
- Support and contribute to team building events and team dynamics through personally displaying leadership and team attributes.
Training & Experience
- Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Engineering or related field.
- Master's degree preferred with Supply Chain or Procurement related specialization
- Between 10 to 15 years of directly related Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills necessary to obtain continued support from and influence internal clients including executives.
- Strong negotiation, quantitative and presentation skills.
- Must exhibit outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills (writing & verbal skills).
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical experts, practitioners and vendors.
- Ability to foresee market trends and stay ahead of the competition
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong PC skills using MS office software
- Regular travel is required.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment with almost continuous exposure to health or accidents hazards.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.