- Establishing and maintaining a Business Unit that has the engineering expertise, the operational know-how and the sales acumen to develop, engineer and implement multi-measure energy efficiency projects for commercial and industrial clients in the region.
- Developing revenue and income forecasts as well as market specific strategic growth plans for the Business Unit that are aligned with the Company’s next major milestone.
- Delivering on all financial and strategic goals.
- Providing direct leadership and ensuring that individual’s performance is actively managed in accordance with SmartWatt practices at all levels within the organization
- Supporting the team with customer proposals, the negotiation of customer, supplier and subcontractor contracts, as well as in the development of project risk and mitigation strategies.
- Managing strategic partnerships.
The core components of success are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School diploma
- At least 10years of experience within the energy services industry
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams within the energy services industry
- Active Driver’s License
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve got it be sure to tell us!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
Our most successful Regional General Manages come to us with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Leadership; history of successfully leading others, being open and authentic and establishing and communicating a vision consistent with the Company’s mission.
- Strategic Planning; ability to develop salesand operations plans that support regional and Corporate plans.
- Building a team; demonstrated history of inspiring, motivating and guiding others toward collective goals and achieving team success.
- People Management; ability to set expectations and provide regular, on-going performance management; supports employees to achieve expectations and provides coaching and mentorship.
- Leading change;history of being able to drive and successfully manage change.
- Communication;demonstrated ability to successfully communicate across all levels of an organization.
- External awareness;informed about market conditions and competitive information, up-to-date on trends, and has a history of successfully developingnetworks and building alliances.
- Industry knowledge; in-depth knowledge of energy systems and how to optimize their effectiveness.
- Business acumen;demonstrated understanding of general business operations.
- Financial planning;budgetexperience with the ability to develop a business case.
- Relationship building;a proven ability to build a positive rapport with a broad range of people.
- Computer skills; proficiency with MS Office products and a proven ability to learn new technologies.
SmartWatt is a purpose-led company and it is important that all SmartWatt’ersshare the following values:
- Commit to Win – for SmartWatt, there’s value in winning. Winning is fun. It creates energy, fuels momentum, stimulates growth and defines success.
- Deliver on Commitments – Integrity is not a tired cliché with SmartWatt. Keeping our word and keeping it real are at the heart of our corporate DNA.
- Outperform Yourself – We love what we do and we seize every opportunity to outperform our competitors, but more importantly – to always outperform ourselves, knowing there is always a next level.
- Embrace the Unconventional – The status quo, the way it’s always been done, predetermined solutions and convention wisdom are the basics, not the end game here. Exceptional is standard practice at SmartWatt.
- Connect & Collaborate – In our client relationship, partner alliances and in the SmartWatt culture there is no winning without shared values and ongoing collaboration.
To be successful at SmartWatt these values MUST resonate with you!
The work environment:
As a Regional General Manager your work is frequently conducted within an office setting where you are sitting for prolonged periods of time working on a computer utilizing a keyboard, mouse and a phone. There is occasional travel to job sites which requires driving, standing and walking. When on a customer site the conditions can vary widely by site and location. You may occasionally be exposed to extreme hot or cold, dry, wet, loud, or dusty conditions, although rare. Any exposure to extremetemperatures typically exists for short durations. Hazardous areas exist rarely but can depend on the site (i.e. steel mill or chemical plant) and may require awareness to hazardous situations. The position also frequently communicates with customers and co-workers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The travelrequired for this position is approximately 20% of the time and will be mostly regional, although occasional overnight travel may be required.