Our client is a global Technology Leader looking to expand their hospitality solutions business in the New York tri-state region. We are looking for a growth and relationship-oriented Regional General Manager, Hospitality Software Solutions to achieve their strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Regional General Manager, Hospitality Software Solutions will lead and execute the company's strategy to further expand their regional leadership position in the New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut markets. The role will develop, lead and manage the direct sales organization in selling, deploying and servicing hospitality software solutions in the region.
The role will work closely with internal Sales and Business support teams, direct sales team members and external customers. Exceptional communication, team leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and initiatives with a focus on growth and expansion are critical.
The ideal candidate will have progressive experience in Hospitality industry software solutions, leading and developing direct sales teams and a demonstrated track record of profitable growth and businesses expansion.
PEOPLE AND TEAM LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
- Align the company's strategy and approach, culture and values with team members to deliver the growth vision.
- Provide leadership direction to all functions within the assigned area, to enable profitable growth.
- Biuild, develop, inspire and motivate sales and sales support teams through passionate leadership.
- Formulate and advocate a people management strategy and high performance culture which includes recruitment, development and retention of top talent.
BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION
- Lead, develop and manage the regional direct sales organization in selling, deploying and servicing hospitality solutions in the New York / New Jersey / Connecticut tri-state area.
- Organize and execute a complete business including order, revenue and profit, that drives maximum cash flow with available resources.
- Create market potential and opportunities for the company's hospitality solutions business.
ALIGNMENT AND STRATEGY
- Provide the vision, inspiration and leadership necessary to drive commercial success.
- Work with the company's senior management to develop the regional strategy and with other regional leaders to develop, share and implement best practices.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect functional area of responsibility.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of the Company, giving direction and leadership towards the achievement of the organization's vision, mission goals and initiatives.
- Foster and lead change, and create a mindset of innovation and efficiency..
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Head of Sales
- Senior Company Leadership
- Regional Leadership
- Internal Sales and Busines Support and Direct Sales team members
- External Regional Customers
Builds, leads and directs a Direct Sales and support team. The position is accountable to various internal leadership stakeholders and leads, develops and mentors internal colleagues and team members. Works effectively and collaboratively with external partners and suppliers.
Onsite location-based role in New York, NY.
RELOCATION ELIGIBILITY: No relocation provided. Seeking local candidates or those willing to self-relocate to the New York City metro area.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Approximately 20% regionally and nationally.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or closely related area. MBA preferred.
- Progressive hospitality software industry and strong team management experience overseeing Hospitality Software Sales or very closely related technology product.
- Proven track record in performance leadership; driving sales and discipline in forecast management.
- Team Leadership:
- 8+ years of people and team leadership as a manager or director hiring, guiding, developing and managing teams of more than 15 people.
- Experience developing (Manager and above level) teams to deliver business results.
- Communication and Influencing Skills:
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and external customers
- Ability to create clear documentation and effectively present to customers and senior leadership.
- Excellent relationship-building skills at all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Savvy influencing and persuasion skills.
- Additional Competencies:
- Self-motivated – able to drive results with minimal direction
- Problem Solver - Able to solve complex customer problems through the company's offerings.
- Effective Work Style - Track record of working in an organized, action-driven manner.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFORMATION:
- Target base salary range: highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Variable Pay: 20% annual company performance bonus target
- Benefits: Excellent benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD insurance, 401-K match, tuition reimbursement, etc.