Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Reporting to Director Fleet Sales. The Regional Fleet Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing revenue by driving new and managing existing Fleet sale accounts through the effective management of a remote sales force of Fleet Service Representatives (FSR's). Responsible for executing business plans that achieve account profitability and sales goals of assigned teams. Travel the assigned territory to hire, develop and manage a team of Fleet Sales Representatives. Attend operating events, as well as visiting prospects and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Field Service Representatives that increase overall Fleet Service revenue in an assigned territory.
- Hire, train and develop Fleet Sales Representatives in assigned territory.
- Performance manage underperforming FSR's as necessary.
- Coordinate the setting of Sales goals with Director -- Fleet Sales
- Communicate Sales goals, set daily, weekly and monthly tasks & objectives to reach them to assigned team of FSR's.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for assigned team of FSR's.
- Provide, daily, weekly and monthly updates of team activities and results.
- Provide feedback and analysis of team and territory performance.
- Effectively manage travel in an effort to spend time in territories with field with Fleet Sales Representatives to observe, coach, and mentor.
- Call on and drive revenue from large commercial fleet prospects.
- Call on and drive revenue and customer satisfaction from large commercial customers in the assigned territory
- Drive revenue from large and medium sized fleets in assigned territory and areas not assigned to a Fleet Sales Representative
- Partner with our Service RVP's and Area Directors to achieve sales, operational objectives for fleet sales, customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Utilizing company assigned tools, such as Salesforce.com daily to ensure Fleet Sales Representatives are documenting the expected sales activity and feedback to ensure accurate reporting .
- Conduct business reviews with Fleet Sales Representatives
- Ability to travel overnight 2 -3 weeks per month as required by business needs
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert management skills necessary to lead a Sales team.
- Expert knowledge of Fleet Service, Parts or similar fields
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, Office & Salesforce.com
- Effective ability to plan and manage on both the strategic and operational level
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience of geographically remote teams.
- 10+ years' in B2B sales experience