Provides financial decision support to Region Vice Presidents, Region Healthcare Director and Directors of Pharmacy and Retail Products. This role will be responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight to a designated region and corresponding set of areas to assist in achieving key objectives and will guide management on financial-related matters and decisions. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in local cross-functional joint issue identification, analysis and resolution. This position will also be responsible for executing a variety of business planning, performance management, investment evaluation and coaching activities. Provides day-to-day financial support to 1 Region Vice President, 1 Region Healthcare Director, approx. 4-5 Directors of Pharmacy and Retail Products. Responsible for assisting local management to achieve their long-term financial goals by evaluating and recommending strategies for improving efficiency, effectiveness and consistency of operations and reporting.
- Creates and delivers periodic region-level business performance reviews to RVP, RHD & DPRs including but not limited: Monthly Financial Review, Monthly Business Reviews, Annual Business Review, P/L reviews and day-to-day root cause / exception analysis. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Conducts financial evaluations of proposed projects and investments by gathering assumptions, making financial projections using discounted cash flow principles and ultimately creating region-level business cases that substantiate the rationale for investments. This may include analysis, financial modeling or review of pre-prepared financials for new store stores, acquisition candidates and the like.
- Partners with business management to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the region, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction of the region.
- Provides financial support and guidance to region and area supervision for the target and goal-setting processes.
- Supports strategy development in the context of the Region Plan to Win process by providing financial support, forecasting and analytics in development / support of identified opportunities.
- Responsible for the delivery of financial acumen training content to Pharmacy & Retail Operations team members in the assigned region.
- Collaborate with region / area supervision to leverage existing financial and operational analytics and tools to drive better outcomes.
- Keeps region / area supervision informed of broad economic trends and development.
- Collaborates with corporate team members to support region / area supervision’s financial analysis needs.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in local cross-functional joint issue identification, analysis and resolution with management and other local business partners.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plans of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Leads the preparation of financial forecasts, targets and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key metrics and inputs. These targets are the basis for Performance Management measurement and enable Pay for Performance within Pharmacy & Retail Operations.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances compared to target, plan, forecast and prior periods
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.