Regional Finance Manager - Los Angeles
Service Line: BrightView Landscape Services
APPLYSAVE THIS JOB
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access tothe most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We are currently seeing a Regional Finanace Manager for the Los Angeles area. TheFinance Leader of the regionserves as the leader for the financial function of their assigned territory and as a business partner to the Region SVP. This is a key support function to the corporate finance team. The successful candidatewill possess strong financial acumen with the demonstrated ability to build the financial literacy and capabilities of the Region & Branches while serving as a leader, mentor and coach for the Region finance team. The successful candidate will support innovation and help design a competitive strategy that enhances the brand and drives profitable revenue growth in the Region. They will own the financial management of a 100+ million dollar Region supporting multiple Branches with varying levels of size, scope and complexity. The primary focus of the role is to support the Region SVP with financial expertise, (business partner), while overseeing the financial processes of the Region & Branches. This individual will maintain rock solid, forward-looking data/information and integrity.
What you'll do:
- Serves as a business partner at a strategic level that enables the SVP and the business in decision making
- Partners with Region SVP and corporate finance to drive tactical and strategic initiatives related to performance management for the region. This includes leading reporting of budget, forecast and performance results
- Provides insights from financial trends with business understanding of implications and opportunities
- Adheres to all accounting policies and practices
- Leads all decision support, financial planning and analysis efforts for the region including but not limited to; P*L management, KPI delivery, accuracy and quality,internal audit, asset management, contract management (partner with Legal),risk management (partner with Legal), estimation (as a process partner)
- Works with/analyze quantitative or financial data to monitor trends and make recommendations to ensure improved business outcomes.
- Ensures Branch Managers are equipped to engage their teams in financial analysis and solution development/implementation
- Attends and actively participate in periodic Regional leadership/Branch Manager meetings. Serve on various corporate and regional committees, project teams and task forces
- Manages workflow in a manner that the team can effectively balance priorities, providing backup support as needed and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency and a high level of quality
- Identifies and selects high-caliber talent and hones a passion for developing direct reports. Is known as a promoter of others and has a documented record as an exporter of talent to other areas of the organization. Identifies and develops high performing team members
- Serves as a mentor and coach to the Region finance team
- Through management decisions, communication and behavior, creates a culture of engagement and a team that works together to meet customer needs and achieves improved business outcomes
- Celebrates successes and recognizes employees on a continuous basis
- Anticipates staffing requirements to meet business needs. Regularly participates in recruiting activities and interviewing process. Drives a culture that seeks to continuously add diversity to the workforce
- Ensures effective development opportunities exist for all team members. Maintains development plans for all team members. Evaluates team performance, develops goals and objectives. Provides both formal and informal feedback on a regular basis
- Is familiar with the employee handbook. Ensures policies and procedures are communicated and followed
- Collaborates with sales and operations on strategy & business planning for the Region & Branches
- Ensures accurate financial data is available to enable the business to make educated customer–related decisions
- Makes periodic joint calls with sales representatives or other business leaders
- Advises on pricing and quotation activities as needed. Ensure competitive pricing models are in us
Skills we're seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required. Masterspreferred
- 5+ years significant experience leading the finance function in a matrixed environment of a geographically dispersed business
- Strong operational knowledge/Experience gathering insights from data to inform strategy/ opportunities
- Proven success as an exporter of talent
- Experience with acquisitions preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, listening, presenting)
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, ppt, Word, Financial Systems)
- Travel Expected to be ~25% of your time
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Job ID 13975