The Manager of Finance continuously pursues opportunities for operational efficiencies, streamlines financialreporting processes, and assists all levels of the organization with financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accuracy of operations’ balance sheets and income statements for multiple sites. Works with the Accounting Department during the monthly close process and prepares journal entries.
- Compiles and analyzes both historical and forecast financial data and presents financial results and budget/forecast variance to management. Reviews operating and financial trends and prepares analytical analyses monthly and on an as needed basis for management and operations.
- Works with billing and collection function in the company to improve and optimize cash collections; reviews cash collection performance and revenue accrual rates and communicates with site personnel for collections. Monitors average patient charge, payor mix, cash performance, and DSO trends versus budget by contract, payor, and County.
- Prepares annual budget and reforecasting; works with senior management and local operations to develop operating plan, proper expenditure allocations, coding, document preparation, capital expenditure requirements, and other forward looking related activities.
- Prepares pro forma financial models for new and renewed contracts; evaluates financial impact and viability.
- Performs miscellaneous financial projects as required by senior management, including significant, long-term projects.
- Pursues continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes, reporting methods, and financial modeling techniques.
- Facilitates the financial education and capabilities within local operations management.
- Assists the ROFO in communicating and execution of specific initiatives and policy.
- Coordinates and provides assistance with outside auditors for annual and special projects as needed.
- Provides analytical support to labor union negotiating teams.
- Assists in the education and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Effective information systemssecurity is a team effort involving the participation andsupportof every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
- Report Information Systemssecurityproblems
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accountingrequired. CPA or MBA is also preferred.
Five (5) year minimum experience in corporate financerequired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Statements, (e.g., balance sheet, income statement, statement of retained earnings, statement of cash flows)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization, project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and ERP systems is required.
- Self-starter and the ability to work unsupervised.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled