The Regional Service Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing a profitable service operation within an assigned geographical area. This service operation must consistently deliver the highest quality service in unison with bioMérieux’s strategic goals and objectives. This position will also accept the added responsibility of coordination, implementation and supervision of field-based projects at a national level. Further, this position will play a key role in ensuring national service issues are addressed in a consistent manner from region to region.
- Build a high quality team of field systems engineers (FSE's) that will promote the service image, reputation and customer satisfaction necessary to support sales goals and objectives. This accountability will be attained through the provision of the necessary technical / administrative training, the appropriate tools, and direction to ensure the quality of service delivered is consistent with established goals.
- Manage business on a regional and national level to ensure departmental goals, both qualitative and quantitative, are accomplished and tracked monthly.
- Support the Director of Service Operation to ensure the completion of departmental projects on time, implemented as planned and produce the desired results. This accountability will be attained through setting an example of leadership within the department. Taking ownership and following up on project related assignments within the management team, as well as, communicating directly with the Director of Service Operations when issues arise that will affect delivery.
- Overcome the obstacle of remote employee management through frequent travel (approximately 30%) into the assigned geographic region. This frequent travel must be balanced with the added responsibility of the completion of assigned departmental projects. The ability to plan, organize and coach FSEs will be key qualities necessary for success in this position.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A four-year degree in business or a related engineering field is desirable with 10 years of field service management experience. Management experience should include an in-depth knowledge customer service, budgets, capacity planning, revenue generation, regulatory requirements, project management, and medical equipment manufacturing experience a plus.
- The ability to mentor and coach peers is mandatory.
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory medicine.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of finance and cost based accounting. Broad knowledge and practical experience in project management, personnel development and leadership